Silicone Mold & Bubbly Texture

Okay, I'm trying to make some wax fixin's from a mold that I bought from flexible molds...now they're not really melts, just additions...so I'm using my 1239 added some vybar and they're almost pouring rustic looking!

SO, I added just a smidge or two of J223 to see if making it creamier would help. NADA

Any help here? I have to do 400 of these buggers for a wholesale account and I'd prefer 350 of them better than these.

I have several different silicone molds & most of them turn out ok but I have two pumpkin molds...one from flexiblemolds & one from candles&supplies. Both do that frosting thing. I have tried cleaning, heating the mold, pouring hot, medium & cool. Cooling slow, cooling fast & nothing helps much. 185 seems to be a good temp...sometimes! I'm wondering if it isn't something to do with what the original object was that the mold was made from? btw...my two pumpkin molds are of different materials...one blue silicone & one yellow...so that doesn't matter! Wish I knew the answer too. Maybe someone will come along with one!

Julie

Try the heat gun or hair dryer trick. I have silicone molds that do that too, usually the heat takes the frosting away. As far as the bubbles I really think it has to do with the mold. I've tried everything and certain molds have so many bubbles on the finished candle it makes me nuts. Actually my worst one for frosting and bubbles was my most expensive one- and were talking and arm and a leg here.

I've had this same problem with tiny surface bubbles.

It is caused by the mold not being made right. I have ordered from 4 different mold makers and they all have air bubbles.

I would suggest returning the defective molds.

If the molds are made right there should be no bubbles on the inside of the mold. People think it is so easy to make rubber molds which it is not. You either have to pour them right or use a vacuum machine (whick is very expensive) to pull the air out of the mold.

People think mold making is easy just like people think candle making is easy. They both require alot of practice, testing, good quality equiptment & supplies.

I know this because I have been to a mold making class in Dallas and I still haven't gotten the mold making right. It's not like candle making where if it does not turn out you can re-melt and start over. When you pour a mold, if you don't get it right the first time, you just have to throw out that one which is very expensive.

I've asked these mold makers if they would pour wax into these molds then send that to me before I will buy but they wont. I just want to see a finished product in that mold before I buy it.

Candle Man