Where's the best place to buy velcro by the yard?

I am trying to make a table skirt and cloth for my display tables. I need about 12 yards of velcro, but my local wal-mart no longer sells it by the yard you have to buy it in packages. If I buy it this way it will cost me almost $30.00 and that's more than I paid for the fabric to make 2 skirts and cloths.

I tried to check out joann.com but their site must be down because the page wouldn't load. I don't sew or craft alot, so I am sorta clueless if wal-mart doesn't carry it.

I am looking for the sticky kind in white and I need both sides.

TIA

Jennifer

I got a box of it a few years ago, for the same reason, from Sam's club. Not sure if they still have it, but it was way cheaper then buying it by the yard. :D I had at least half of it left over too.

HTH...

Karen

Finally got onto Joann.com, it does seem a bit high to me. They are offering 50% off through the 28th but even with that it's much higher than Sam's including shipping. BTW-never thought about looking at Sam's thank's for the suggestion. 30' for 21.49 delivered, can't beat that.

Thanks

Jennifer

First of all, why do you want the adhesive back?

You don't use the adhesive back to sew on, the adhesive will gum up the needle on the sewing machine. If you don't want to sew it on, the adhesive back is not sticky enough, it will come off the fabric.

BTW - Check Hancock Fabrics http://www.hancockfabrics.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=velcro

I need the sew on kind, I am going to sew one piece to my table skirt and then I can use some type of glue to put the other strip around my table. Hancock fabrics looks like they are really reasonable, a 15 foot roll is only $3.35, but it's the sticky back kind. I'll have to search further and see if they have the sew on kind.

Thanks everybody

Jennifer