dry ice packs

I haven't used them yet, but I was curious about this as well for my soy candles and body butters and someone suggested them. I've heard great things, and they seem pretty good with prices on them as well as shipping materials. They also have little ice blocks for tight fitting. Hope this helps :smiley2:

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_2158.asp?searchedkeywords=ice%20block

wow these things weigh alot!!

Yes, the weight can add up.

I tell my customers in order to ship candles in the summer heat I use Ice packs and the increased cost for them. I also tell them that the ice packs add weight which will make the shipping more, it also requires a larger box for the ice packs and extra peanuts. I make that statement clear for hot weather. If they want candles shipped they will have to pay the extra. If not they can wate till cooler weather.

BTW - My Hot Weather Shipping is May-Sept. Yep, 5 months out of the year.

No no...I pretended to ship a package with my candles in it...( left it in my car) to see if they would melt and they did....

Well that's not very accurate. Packages travel by truck amoung thousands of other packages and may be in the middle of it all those other packages and be just fine. They also travel by plane and at higher altitudes, where it is cooler, especially at night. Packages also are inside buildings during shipping.

The best way to test is to send a package to someone you know, far away, and ask them what condition they received it in.

Also you don't want a package to sit outside when it gets delivered. Always request that the customer uses an address that the package will be left inside an air conditioned building.

I ship jar candles, votives, tarts and other goodies all year round with no problem. And I am in Nevada....we have over 103 degrees from June to early September....I have sent them as far as New Year and Florida with no problems. Now watch, I will jinx myself!! lol

I ship jar candles, votives, tarts and other goodies all year round with no problem. And I am in Nevada....we have over 103 degrees from June to early September....I have sent them as far as
New Year
and Florida with no problems. Now watch, I will jinx myself!! lol

Where is this? LOL
:laugh2: