Pregnant and olfactory lobe working overtime

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I will tell you what, sometimes I think that I am going to throw up because my nose is on scent overload. I have a very keen sense of smell to begin with but when I am pregnant it is just rediculous. Anyone ever had this problem and were you able to overcome it? I don't think I could stand closing my nose with a clothespin for hours. Now since the weather is nice i can really air out our work area, but even when I am at our booth at the the flea market each weekend i get such a headache. I am really hoping this will pass.

When I was pregnant, I had the same problem, it wasn't candles, but the smell of cooking meat and I was a waitress at a steak hamburger place....

I would keep a VERY light scented kleenex in my pocket and occasionally whiff that, so that I only got a teeny bit, but it filled my nose for a while.

Is there a scent you can try that with, that you could stand?

I thought I was the only one who had this problem! This is the reason I took the pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant. I could smell EVERYTHING, I knew something was up. Thankfully it did fade over the next few months. Thank God! I kept telling myself that I'm never gonna be able to change a diaper if I can't even stand the smell of walking through the grocery store meat department.

Congrats!