Anyone make your own house cleaning supplies??

• 3 years later...

Sure, mix 3 caps of Murphy's oil soap with a half gallon of water to wash wood floors. Add a cup of vuinegar to a bucket of water to wash tile floors. Mix Simple Green, 4 ounces to a 32 ounce spray bottle to clean countertops, floors etc. Try these two sites for more information on House Cleaning, Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Mold Testing, Mold Inspection, Mold Abatement, Mold Cleanup, Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, House Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Floor Waxing, Chimney Cleaning, New Jersey

http://www.absolutelyspotless.us

http://www.absolutelyspotlessmold.com

I made my own spray for dusting (like Pledge) I'm still using it, it lasts for a long time. If you're interested I could share the recipe.

I had a customer tell me she uses brewed tea to clean her wood floors, she said her floors get very clean using this, something about the tannins in the tea clean well.

I use essential oils for a lot of cleaning too. Kind of depends what you're wanting to clean.

-I use vinegar for windows, counter tops.

-I have my own little mixture I use for wood furniture is 1 cup mineral oil and a bit of orange essential oil.

-For sinks/toilets/tubs I use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar, the "bubbling" cleans them really well.

-Sink refresher powder: 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup citric acid, a bit of essential oil. Mix together and dump into the sink, run hot water.

-Carpet refresher powder... 2 cups baking powder, essential oil, 1 cup corn starch. You can also add some salt.. Mix it together, sprinkle on the carpets, brush it in with a brush, I use the "brush" side of my mop. Let it sit (I let it sit overnight) and vacuum a few times. You have to wash your filter after generally, but it really does freshen the carpet up.

swiffer or clorox laminate floor mops I refill with 1 cup white vinegar 4 cups water. works great.