Candles & Supplies J225

Has anyone used this wax? They say its like J50 but better, way less wet spots. I think I'm gonna try it, they say the scent throw is good also. I've never dealt with C&S, how are their FO? TIA...Dee

Like all suppliers, the FO's are hit or miss. You will also find that a lot of people on here have had issues with them but I have used them for yrs. & never had any problems. The FO's I have found to be good are Autumn Afternoon, Island Paradise, Tequila Sunrise, Mac Apple(excellent!), Vanilla Sugar. I know there are more but can't remmeber right now! HTH

Forgot to say-never used that wax!!

I think I will try it, but my main concern is with the wet spots. Does the J225 have less? I'm so sick of those wet spots, and I get so many with J50. I'm just looking around! tHANKS

If you do a search on here for J225 you will find info. The J225 is suppose to be an improvement over J223, but most people found it's not worth it and the J225 cost so much more.

As far as "wet spots"...it doesen't matter what you do before or during the making of the candle, temp. changes is when they will so back up.

Hi, I have never used this wax.. but I like some of their oil..I am burning Pomogranet Martini right now..nice strong throw ( In KY tart votive wax) I also like their pumpkin pie, mac apple and Pears and Berries(people just love that!)Hope this helps..Theresa;)

Candle man....I can live with some wet spots, but lately they have been just awful, I wouldn't even want someone to see these candles. Its like the wax is not adhereing to the jar in big blotches, worse than a wet spot! When I heat gun them a bunch of tiny air bubbles come to the top, but I'm not doing anything different. Something is wrong, now today I noticed....I poured some yesterday and didn't cover them until today and so far this batch of candles seemed to look better. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Thanks anyway to all! Every bit of info is a help...:highfive:

I find I can have a perfect candle when poured, in the candle room which has no AC and is about 80*F+, then when I move them to the store front, where there is AC and about 70*F, "wet spots" start to appear.

So the temp. change is causing the wax to expand & contract, which leads to "wet spots".

Are you heating your jars prior tp pouring? I realize my blend is not pure J-50, but I get few wet spots.

I heat the jar, pour, then slow cool in a styrofoam box I made, which usually takes overnight to completely cool. When I open the box in the morning, I usually feel the jars are warm. I leave the lid on untill completely cool.

Hope that helps. You can build the cooling box for about $10.00. I find it's worth it, so I built a second.

Fredron

That's why I stick to the straight paraffin...I used to use J223 but the wet spots were huge blotches and crater looking things!If I knew how to post pics I would show you! At least w/straight paraffin the mottled look you can't mess up!

I also read somewhere you can add crisco to the straight paraffin and make your own creamy blend.I haven't done it yet but am going to try sometime soon.I am trying to get the courage to make pillars..never have and am scared to death!:wink2:

Kimmeroo....I use alot of candles & supplies FO's (I live in NY)they are pretty good, I like Bittercreek better but shipping is outrageous!

I use J223 and my last order gave me wet spots that looked like chicken pox.

I tried the J225 but wasn't impressed at all....

So now I am trying 6098 and 6006, I know they are a mild soy/paraffin blend but gotta do something!

I am really liking the 6098, I poured 4 candles and they have been sitting now about 3-4 weeks and NOT ONE WET SPOT....I am having a problem with wicking them a little bit but gotta play somemore.

HTH