Apop

Anyone ever used this? I've NEVER made a container candle before and would love to try. I was amazed when I read that this wax holds up to 12% FO.

APOP

A formulated wax with a great hot & cold scent throw. This new wax has the best of J-50 & J-223. The melt temperature is around 126 and we recommend the pour temperature to be 145-160 degrees.The APOP wax can hold up to 12% fragrance per pound and requires less dye to achieve similar colors.

I have samples of the APOP and 6006 so I sent a question to Alabaster to see which they thought had a stronger scent throw and here is the response I received back from Mike:

APOP will have a stronger scent than the IGI 6006. The IGI 6006 wax is blended with soy, the APOP is not. So, if your customers want a Soy blended candle I would choose the IGI 6006. But, if you are just wanting a strong

scent throw, I would choose the APOP or J-223 (IGI 4636).

Thanks, Mike

I also found an older post on here who said they liked the APOP so I sent her an e-mail to see if she was still using and liking it and here is her response:

Hi, Donna,

Yes, I still use the APOP wax and love it. I tried oh so many different types of container wax, but when I tried the APOP I fell in love with it.

If you like color, you can get a very rich color with this wax. You don't have to settle for just pastels. Most of all, the scent through is fabulous. Even with the lid on the jar the cold through is unbelievable and you can only imagine what it smells like when lit.

I still get a lot of wet spots but I do use a balmoral jar and I think that has something to do with that.

I never read very much about the APOP on the board and have always been amazed that no one but me on the board seemed to use it. It is the best in my opinion.

Good luck and I hope you give it a try.

I have called Alabaster in Alabama a few times to ask questions. Mike and Todd are really nice guys and will answer any questions you may have. Alabaster also has a warehouse in Louisville, KY if that would be closer for shipping cost.

I am hoping that either the APOP or 6006 samples I have will work and will be what I'm looking for.

I used APOP for quite a while. In my experience it wicks and throws just like J223. I've never put 12% in a candle so I can't speak to that. If you use good FO you wont' ever need 12%. If you baby just about any wax you can avoid wet spots. I don't have the time or the inclanation for that. Temp changes can make them show up later so why sweat it.

My daughter was going to school in Louisville and I could have her pick it up when she was coming home so it was real convenient for me! I only switched because I wanted a soy blend.