can someone look at this votive and tell me.....good bad or otherwise?

Honestly... what really matters is is it ok for you? Even if 20 people popped in and said it looks fine, if you don't think so, it will make no difference. You will keep working with it until YOU are satisfied, at least that's how the majority of us are ;)

I can see a small dip, not bad. Personally, I probably wouldn't be satisfied with it, but that's me. If I were making it for myself or to give to family, I would likely ignore it. If it were a gift or to sell, it would go back in the pot..yeah, I'm anal about the little things :P

Honestly... what really matters is is it ok for you? Even if 20 people popped in and said it looks fine, if you don't think so, it will make no difference. You will keep working with it until YOU are satisfied, at least that's how the majority of us are ;)

I can see a small dip, not bad. Personally, I probably wouldn't be satisfied with it, but that's me. If I were making it for myself or to give to family, I would likely ignore it. If it were a gift or to sell, it would go back in the pot..yeah, I'm anal about the little things :P

I have to agree with Satin on this one if it was to sell I would re-melt it and try again,,It looks like it may have needed a re-pour. but other then that it looks good. It would make a good test votive for you. HTH

thank you so much for your input.

So if I put them back in the pot....then just fish the wicks out once it melts?

then bring it back up to 175 and add more scent??

you dont have to add more scent if you re-melt it,,just fish out the wick and tab and pour again.

My votives have always had a little dip, which I'm perfectly happy with. You guys have flat top votives? How do you even get that? I do a repour when the votives cool, but I've never seen a flat top votive...

which means, kjohnson, that I think it looks fine - I wouldn't remelt.

honestly, i think that looks fine. i see a slight dip, but nothing too bad (a customer most likely would not even notice) and it won't affect the burn. i think it would be a waste of time to remelt it, but that's my opinion.

Before going to the work of remelting, just set it back in your votive mold and gently hit the top with your heat gun. That should smooth out the top if that is what you want. If you do decide to remelt, why not remove the wick 1st. You should be able to pull it out from the bottom. Personally I think it looks fine. I don't see any jump lines or pits. Nice smooth side and good color.