sleep? who needs it?!?!?!

ok- i'm getting ready for my very first show this coming sunday. it's a street fair in greenwich village in NYC. I am so excited for it! however, its now crunch time and i'm running myself ragged trying to get everything in order. i had planned to use the last few days to get a bunch of stuff together, but DH decided to invite his whole family out to our place on friday night...(my "workshop" is in the kitchen so I had to completely clean the apt. and put all candle pouring tools away) then we had to go out to his mother's on saturday and sunday!!:mad: not enough hours in the day!! anyone else have one of those 'wonderful' hubbys that plan for people to come, but don't take into consideration that things need to be cleaned, put away etc. :rolleyes2

anyone know where i can get a coffee drip to inject into my veins for the next 5 days?? i'd pay big bucks!:laugh2:

anyone else have one of those 'wonderful' hubbys that plan for people to come, but don't take into consideration that things need to be cleaned, put away etc. :rolleyes2

Thankfully mine found out quickly that it is not pleasant when he does things like that. So no, my DH knows better lol. Good luck! Hit the starbucks!

Mine does that to me everyonce in a while. If he does it in the middle of a crazy busy time, I simply tell him "You didn't consult me first on the invite. Either you can cancel (but do not blame it on me), or you can clean the house. I will take care of my things, but the rest is up to you. And then I expect you to help me afterwards for the working time that I lost." He usually gets upset, but he usually cleans himself. I don't always get his help afterwards, but he now knows to ask me first! LOL!

oh my goodness.. I NEED my sleep the first official show I did I was like the walking dead!!! that was not pretty...this past saturday was better, I made sure I slept a few hours before the show... I am not productive if I'm tired....

mine has learned not to ask people over. but i have not yet broke him of wanting to chit chat when i have about 50 things going on at once & trying to keep it all straight in my head. one of those day he was outside & would come & hollar at me to come quick, of course thinking something was up with the horses i'd go, it would turn out to be a bird & by the time i got outside it was gone. grrrrrr.

My husband knows better. He never makes plans that include me without talking to me first. In fact, no one ever asks my husband they usually just call me. Even his secretary calls me to let me know when the company parties ect are so I can put it in my calendar.

My husband has to make a lot of important decisions at work, but leaves all of the ones at home for me. With having 3 very busy daughters (only one left at home now) we were usually out of town at horse show, or softball games ect, and I was the one taking them, while my husband was home taking care of all of the animals.

Good luck, and relax. You will find that if you get too stressed that you will not be able to get as much done, and then when you get to the show you will wonder why you were so stressed to begin with.

Take care,

Shannon

MY DH doesnt do that, he would have to get off the computer to actually strike up a conversation.The only time he says anything to me is when he will come down to my shop and critizise. He always puts his 2 scents in. Dont you think you went a little over board on that, Or this isnt even. I hate that. Never can help but always the first to say We made x amount of dollars at that show. Any body else have one like mine???????

just an update.. still a little stressed, but i think its in a good way. i'm still very excited and can't wait to get off of work so i can go home and make more candles!!! had a talk with the hubby and he's been great since he's realized how much extra work he makes for me...today he went to the store AND packed me a lunch so i could get as much done before work as i could.

good luck to all of you who have shows coming up!

Good Luck to you! I never sleep well the night before a show...i'm always running my list through my mind trying not to forget anything.

Dh always consults me before inviting people over. I have a nutty schedule as it is without his interference. He knows it. If it's not on the big whiteboard calendar it isnt happening. I just looked at it a minute ago and there are only 2 days of this whole month and into June that are empty with no plans. I'm sure they will fill up soon though...lol Always something.

Good Luck again! Just have fun, that's the best part of it all, I love to meet all the interesting people.