Anyone make dry masks?

ginkay

I want to offer my customers a dry facial mask to go with my line of facial products I'm testing.

I made a wet mask and it is so wonderful, but alas, I got some mold. So now I'm thinking to do a dry mask instead.

Here is what I'm thinking and I would love to get a discussion started and get some other ideas and opinions.

Clay - Kaolin (I also have French Green, but can't remember which is for dry and which is for oily. Can someone remind me?)

Oat flour

Powdered Milk

A few drops each of Tea Tree, Lavender, and Rosemary EO's (Is it okay to add the EO's to the dry mix?)

Package and give instructions to be mixed at use as follows:

Oily skin - Water or Witch Hazel

Dry Skin - Olive Oil or Heavy Cream

Normal Skin - Milk or Yogurt

I also have the following herbs on hand and was thinking of grinding some up and adding. Which would be good?

Lavender buds

Chamomile flowers

Calendula petals

Peppermint c/s

Spearmint c/s

Organic Comfrey root c/s

Rosemary c/s

Lemongrass c/s

Marshmallow root powder

Neem powder

I'm thinking to package these in 8oz. low profile jars (which actually hold about 2-3oz. of dry clay). To much, too little?

Please give me your thoughts and comments on the above. I'm been reading the archives and taking notes like crazy and I'm starting to get myself confused. idiot2.gif So I'd sure love confirmation or correction on any of the above!

Thanks so much

ginger

I think it is a pretty good idea to make a dry mask that is ready to mix. I have been considering this for a while now. The herbs and eos you would add would depend on the type of skin you are catering to.

The size sounds fine.

The following links are from a website that carries many different clays. They describe them and tell how to use them. The information is not extensive but you may be able to refer to it to keep the uses of your ingredients straight.

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/default.asp

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/resources/default.asp

The second link is the same place but where they have recipes and a chart that tells the shelf life of natural ingredients.

Hope these are of some help. :cheesy2:

That looks good to me. Kaolin is for dry skin, french green is for oily.

Neem powder is verrrry strong, and also has a strong odor, so I use it very sparingly, and only in the oily mask mix. It's got mainly anti-blemish properties, so it's a good mask for breakouts or for acne-prone skin.

HTH!