help with crackle!!!

Hi.. mine is not a technical question.. perhaps before I make technical question I should be able to make my candle stay in boiling water!!!!

I tried this technique with a small cilinder.. but I could not take it under water!!! It kept coming up!!! It floats!!!! Help!! I cannot put my hand in boiling water!!! Give me some smart ideas please!!:P

Yeah - Good question!!!

I had the same trouble getting my candle to get totally submerged in the boiling water - made a total mess trying to push it down with bbq tongs :D... and then the crackle didn't even work for me.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated......

Now that's funny Top. I just don't have any fingers left....part of the job....just kidding. I am almost ready to send in the complete directions.....one more picture to go. Hold the candle by the wick and dip it in and pull it out....do that about 3 times. On the last dip I pull it out slowly. It doesn't stay under water....it goes in and out and in and out and in and out........are you getting sea sick yet ???????? Donita

:shocked2: ohhhhhhhhhhh

now I see!!!! I thought I should keep that little bastard under water!!!:yay:

Glad to see I was not the only trying to do something strange!!!!

Thanks Donita, the first cracled candle I'll be able to make will be named as you!!

What a couple of wusses. You have to be willing to endure some pain to make great candles. What kind of chandlers are you anyway? Now you all march on back to that boiling pot, get a firm grip on your candle, and hold that puppy down without any more of this whining!

:P I've never named myself "chandler!"

How do say,... (write) LOL!

What a couple of wusses. You have to be willing to endure some pain to make great candles. What kind of chandlers are you anyway? Now you all march on back to that boiling pot, get a firm grip on your candle, and hold that puppy down without any more of this whining!

Okay, okay.... I'm going :tiptoe: Just please stop cracking that whip!!!! :whip: LOL

This really is easy if you do it right. Now do you see why it was four years before it dawned on me what to do?????? I saw a crackle candle years ago and started trying to copy it.....4 years later (wasn't really working on it very hard).....it just happened and I was sooooooooo excited. Donita