souffle, mousse, meringue

ok kinda a spin off on the lotion "mistake" thread below...I have only once found a souffle that I loved so much that I wanted to duplicate. It had so much air but super creamy...light and not greasy or no residue. The person I bought it from hand makes it but I have no idea how to duplicate this fantastic creation. Its was so fluffy like a meringue. Thats the only way I can explain it but of course it was heavier then a pie meringue very creamy and I swear i have never found another. Does anyone have a recipe w/ instructions or know how to crate something like this.

Her souffle never changes consistancy either- cold to hot weather its always the same. I bought some a couple of yrs ago and have boughten somemore and even keeping it and checking it out over other elements and long duration it never changed consistancy.

Ok so thats my question...I have searched, created etc...just wanted something like this.

Keeping the light fluffy consistency through out any temperature conditions is going to be the hardest thing for you to nail down. Getting it to be quick absorbing and non-greasy is mostly choosing the right ingredients and oil blends.

Do you still have the original mousse product? I'm wondering if there was some kind of modified starch product to help it keep that fluffiness (for lack of a better word ;)). It would be the heat that would make it collapse more than anything. Now you've got me curious!

I've got some lotion base I'll be packaging up soon. I'm sure I'll have a little extra. I do know our base whips up very nicely, and holds its form in normal temps. I'll see if I can stick some of the base into my Bosch, whip it up, then I'll stick it out on the patio tomorrow. We keep trying to break 90, so if the heat will make it collapse, I'll know quickly.

I'll try to get this done tonight. I've got a lot on my plate this weekend. If you don't hear back from me, holler. I've added it to my to do list, but that list is long, and keeps growing faster than I can knock it down. Only reason I'm on here is because I'm waiting for some things to cool before I can do anything with them.

But seriously, if you don't here back from me, send me a PM reminding me! LOL!

THANKS...yep still have her product:drool: I tried not to use it. I have kept it and done everything possible to it and it NEVER lost its mousse texture.I really cant describe it...its not a base its hand created and even over 1 yr old its still the same as when I bought it. Love the stuff---yummy!!!

As soon as I offered to make this, we've had a cool streak. My temps aren't that great for heat testing any more. Anyone got 90 degree plus weather still? I'm honestly glad we don't, but it messed up my testing for you. We're 70s and low 80s for at least a week. Sorry...:embarasse

Just wanted to let you know that the mistake lotion I made that became a whipped mousse is still the same texture. I put it in the sun for a few hours and it got a little soft, but when I brought it back inside over night it was the same texture again, nice light and whipepd.

• 1 month later...