Wedding Candles

Welcome to the board :)

Everything you need to know about making candles can be found here. You will have to do alot of research though. It's not a task to be undertaken lightly. It will require a lot of time, money and hair pulling to make great burning candles. The love of candles is a very big help, though not actually a necessity. Start out by reading the Basic Instructions/Techniques and Ideas (links on the left), FAQ's, Tips for Newbies and help sections. The archive of the old board, found at the bottom of the drop down menu in the jump box (bottom right of main pages) has a wealth of info and will answer most any question you have. That is if you take the time to read and research. Good Luck :)

HI and Welcome to the Board,,,Satin Ducky is right, you must do a lot of reading taking notes and then when you are ready to do that first candle you must TEST everything!! the wicks, fragrance oils, Jars, pillars and everything else. This is one of those hobbies that you need to go slow with. you can not just make a candle and think "OH now I can sell" It does not work that way. you will write EVERY little thing down. When I started on the old board I literally printed out every peice of information I could. I have 2 big notebooks of research and still finding more. But we are here to help you along and answer any question (and there are NO stupid question) that we can. :highfive:

Linda,

As a bride who made her own candles for my wedding this past January I can see where you would want to go with this.

I can tell you that I had been making candles on my own for years as gifts for friends, but I had never gone through the whole tested process. I had a year to make 350 candles and I can tell you that I was pouring the weekend before my wedding because of the testing process. I had wanted to scent my pillars that would be burning during our reception, but was given a great tip to not do so, as some people are allergic to the scents, plus having 150 candles buring inside a building when serving a meal-not always the best idea if they are scented.

Welcome to the board. It just depends on what kind of candles you are wanting to make.....just about everything you want to know is in our archives.....I have spent hours and hours reading posts. I have learned soooooooooo much here. And don't be afraid to ask any question you have. We all started somewhere. Wish I had this board when I was a newbie. It was blood sweat and tears all the way......some days it still is. Good luck!!! Donita