Shipping wicks cheaper...know anyone?

I'm looking to buy a sample pack of the LX wicks and perhaps some others, but can't seem to find a supplier that will just ship them first class. Everyone wants to ship things via UPS and the shipping ends up costing more than the actual product. Not fun!

Does anyone know of a supplier that will ship these via USPS?

I got a sample pack of all the sizes on ebay, it was easier as I'm in the UK and would know what size I needed to suit my jars when I placed my order in the US. Have you tried ebay.com. I know they tend to be a bit dearer but I found it was the best way for me

Sarah :cool2:

I second Nanna's Candle Nook. I've had good service from her and just thought about it after reading this post and went back and ordered some small wicks I've been going to try. Last time they came fast and shipping was very reasonable. She carries LX and Cds as well as misc. candle supplies. Now what do I do with the decals? Seemed like a good idea at the time. Beth

Nanna's. Ships first class; excellent service, packs of as few as 25 in any size for the same price as the big guys.

That's weird...I searched on ebay for lx wicks and her store didn't come up. I did save her to my favorites though....thanks!

I finally ended up ordering from CandleScience...they ship via USPS, so for $4.05 shipping, I made it worth it...ordered three different wick samples and a sample FO. :)

Thanks everyone!

Funny you should post this...

I *just* had an issue with Candlewic on this very thing. I ordered a bunch of stuff... but nothing heavy.

The 500 wick assemblies (2.5" votive) came in a SEPARATE box... a 2 pound box. Who pays for that? Me. Uh... don't think so.

Anyway -- I called them on it, and got some mumbo-jumbo about wanting to "protect" the wicks...

Ahhh..Duh. How about this if you want to "protect" them... put the wicks in a smaller box (you HAVE to see the size of the box they sent) -- and then place that box in the one with the rest of the order...

That way you save money on boxes, shipping, less labels, less room in shipping... the list goes on and on. Not to mention labor.

After getting the blow-off on the phone I sent an email to Bill... we'll see if anyone replies.

All I can say is give me a break!

As far as using USPS... it is the better way to do it, the only reason folks don't like to is because the box isn't insured (unless you pay extra) -- but for a cheap wick order, it is a risk worth taking. We ship USPS and never have a problem.

Pete