Floral Rainbow Chunky Pillars

I absolutely love these candles. Are you aware that each color signifys a specific cancer? Pink - Breast cancer Orange - Luekemia Yellow - Bone Cancer Lime Green - Lymphoma Blue - Prostate Cancer Lavender - General Cancer Awareness There are alot of others too but these were the colors in your candles. I am a huge supporter of Relay For Life after losing my best friend, companion, lover, father of my children, and husband, to stomach cancer in 1999. Thank you for your efforts that will hopefully someday help find a cure for this most dreaded disease.

NancyT

Thanks everyone. I can honestly say I'm about sick of chunkies now...lol.

They're having an actual relay to wrap of the fundraiser today and my daughter offered to man the booth if I'd make some to take up there while I'm at work. I've managed to get almost 4 dozen done for today. With 8 more sitting on my workbench partially started...lol. I was too tired last night to finish them :embarasse

Thanks for that info Nancy. I didn't know that there were that many colors.

Leesters:

You, the overpour is unscented and uncolored. It was around 185/190. I'm not sure what you mean about how long I waited for each layer.

This is how I did them:

Made all the color chunks a head of time. 1lb of wax makes one cookie tray of chunks. Dump in one color of chunks into the mold at a time. 3x6 mold and 6 colors works out right at 1/2c of chunks per color. Using a skewer, turn the outside chunks around so the flat sides are against the mold. Then just keep adding the colored chunks, positioning them before adding the next. At the top, only add half the pink, just enough to make sure some will show on the outside.

Pout in the overpour until it covers the top chunks about 1/2 in. Quickly drop more pinks chunks into the overpour to "glue" them down. Let it cool and unmold ;)

Go ahead and try it! :grin2: The first dozen were fun....lol