First Pic of my candles..

I am so excited since I figured out how to attach pics. Here are some pictures of some of the candles that I make.. I know that they came out a little jacked up with the lighting.. sorry about that.. but it will give you an idea.. Thanks for looking!

Teri

post-3639-139458425114_thumb.jpg

post-3639-139458425116_thumb.jpg

post-3639-139458425117_thumb.jpg

post-3639-139458425118_thumb.jpg

I really like the labels. Did you print those yourself or have them done?

I have to tell you about www.printmythings.com (Century Labels) They are the bomb at making labels. I attempted to do my own.. would have saved some money, but since I wanted something classy and elegant.. they really came through and with the best prices I could find. They are embossed with the silver and that was the look I was trying to find. Just give them a call and ask for samples to look at.. I think I paid about $324 for 1000.. and that is only because I just got the 1000.. The price goes down drastically for every additonal thousand you purchase. This may sound like a lot of money, but there was no way that I could achieve this look with any kind of printer. They have been worth every penny based on customer reviews! I got samples from a lot of companies, but their prices were outrageous. The customer service is UNREAL!! Thanks for the kind comments.

Yes I have labels from a ton of companies too but I think my dear husband would kill me if I printed out of house. Due to the fact that I bought a laser and 3 other printers so we would never have to do this lol. But I will take a look at them. Thanks for sharing them with us.

*That's not a bad price. Great job again!*

Can I make a suggestion to consider for the future?

The candles look nice, but I had to work extra to sort out the typography and understand the label design. I think the script fonts laid one on top of the other make it a little confusing to the eye and your company name gets lost in the soup. Nothing wrong with the elegant script but it could be good for your brand if the design were improved to make the logo a little more readable.

Can I make a suggestion to consider for the future?

The candles look nice, but I had to work extra to sort out the typography and understand the label design. I think the script fonts laid one on top of the other make it a little confusing to the eye and your company name gets lost in the soup. Nothing wrong with the elegant script but it could be good for your brand if the design were improved to make the logo a little more readable.

I am not sure if you can tell from these pics, but the logo in the back is an embossed silver stamp that the black writing is on top of. I understand what you are saying, but as I look at them in person the black script stands out. Hope this makes sense..

I went back to "re-look" at the pics.. I can see what you mean.. but.. the bright embossed silver logo completely stands out when you see the label in person. That is why I decided to put the black script on top of the embossed silver stamping. It makes the label "pop"..lol I have told the company that I wanted the font bolder so that is not so fine. I think this will help make the script easier to read. THanks for the suggestions!

I am so excited since I figured out how to attach pics. Here are some pictures of some of the candles that I make.. I know that they came out a little jacked up with the lighting.. sorry about that.. but it will give you an idea.. Thanks for looking!

Teri

I have to say.. those candles look beautiful!!!! i am VERY interested in making my OWN candles... and I eventually want to start my own candle business from home. Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Nicole

firegirl ... labels are awesome ... very chic. I especially like the name of your candle company and the 1 Cor. reference too. You go girl!

Since you mentioned it.. I named by candle business Grace by Fire due to an accident my daughter had when she was 15 months old.. She crawled into my pool, I did CPR on her for over 25 minutes ( I live out in the hills) was flown to the truama hospital, spent 16 days on a ventilator.. came home 21 days later...The doctors insisted that they never expected her to have any brain function, much less be a vibrant healthy almost 4 year old! I promised God that I would give him the glory for saving my daughters life ... so that is the reason for the verse and the name.. We certainly do find grace by going through the fire sometimes.. Thanks for letting me share my humble candle beginnings!

Teri

Hi Teri,

Your products and labels are very classy looking and the name is very well suited. Noticed your a firefighter!! :highfive: My brother is a fire captain, has been for 3 years. I have to laugh when the two of us run into people that ask what we do for a living. My first response is "I start fires for and he puts them out", "that's why I keep him close by". :wink2: It takes a few seconds for them to register the info I just laid on them. :D

Hi Teri,

Your products and labels are very classy looking and the name is very well suited. Noticed your a firefighter!! :highfive: My brother is a fire captain, has been for 3 years. I have to laugh when the two of us run into people that ask what we do for a living. My first response is "I start fires for and he puts them out", "that's why I keep him close by". :wink2: It takes a few seconds for them to register the info I just laid on them. :D

That is funny! Thanks for the nice words about the labels.. I am so happy with Century Marketing or www.printmythings.com They are the best!