Lake Tahoe Bear Cane

I haven't done a cane for about 10 months. So many people are having trouble and I have been trying to help all of you. I did this bear cane today. It took about 3 minutes to embed the photo. It is perfect. See......it can be done. I just practiced a long time ago and learned what to expect. I followed my own instructions to a letter and this is what I got....except I need a new camera obviously. I am looking for one...anyway...here is the candle and the picture of how the bear really looks. The bear was in the tree across from Fiamma, our restaurant, a few years ago. I was so lucky to find this picture. The photographer didn't know where it was, but a woman in town had it. I am doing a group of bear canes for her new store, Mountain Critters. Keep practicing students. It really can be done and it isn't hard.....Donita Louise

post-248-139458425104_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458425106_thumb.jpg

Donita, Once again you amaze me. I dont think it is that easy yet to make picture canes. I will keep practicing!!! I wish you great success and luck in your new location.With your talent you BEARLY need luck......... :D

I have always admired your work Donita, and love your canes. The bear is beautiful and I am sure the bear series will do very well. (Gosh, wish I could just pop over to that store to check it out.) I just have to get all the right ingredients together and then you will have another student to help!

Thanks for the compliments. I am working on "bear prints in the snow" today. The candles will have greeting cards to match.

Another reason for this post is that I ordered my first molds from Peak. Since all of the wasted time and money on the Pourette thread, I ordered from Alan. I love the molds and the service. Order from them. IMO.....

Donita Louise

Its perfect. For a newbie who really is attracted to canes, this is inspiring. Thanks for posting this Donita. The black frame makes the perfect border.

In fact that border gave me a great idea on how to solve my scotch-tape-or-glue problem on the wrap around project. Thanks!

You are the best at these hurricanes. 3 minutes to embed..wow, well I am taking your advice and making myself some mother's day candles of my twins, no pressure maybe it will go smoother. Again beautiful candle! Your talent is amazing....!!!