Is soy wax a food?

it did not go rancid. it was processed to long so it made the melt point higher so it was a bad batch of 415. just made it a bad batch of 415 to make candles with, screwed up the wicking of it. still good for something else though.

Ive read where soy is a lot like Crisico. But with additives in most soy waxes I guess it wouldnt go rancid.But come to think about it....Ive never notice crisico with mold or a smell after having it for a few months. But this was 20 years a go. I haven`t brought Crisico in years.

Blah,this tread is boring....some of the questions I ask are crazy.lol

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/04/otr.belasco/index.html

Jimmy Belasco founded Er'go Candles. He has since left and started Jimmy Belasco candles. The strongest scented Soy candles I've ever smelled. (His Vanilla Lime is to die for!)

Anyways, this article is interesting, and it mentions in the middle that he actually fried a chicken in his soy wax and ate it. So it is a food.

If soy is food...and food is soy....then why not just by a large can of crisco and plop a wick in it....poof...instant unscented candle! :D

Kidding of course...just got a kick out of this post!

It has been done. There is a thread in the old board archives of just such an attempt.

Tony

It has been done. There is a thread in the old board archives of just such an attempt.

Tony

OMG! You guys are hilarious!! I read the post from Alan's experiment....now that is fine family fun!! :D

*can see his house now....someone comes over to visit....candles lit everywhere, only they're all items from the grocery store! And when the wife looks for her crisco to make fried chicken, she has to blow the wick out first before she can use it! :laugh2:

*can see his house now....someone comes over to visit....candles lit everywhere, only they're all items from the grocery store! And when the wife looks for her crisco to make fried chicken, she has to blow the wick out first before she can use it! :laugh2:

LOL that's what I was thinking too!