Anyone tried this??????

i used the kind thats got some moisturizers in it. Germ X brand is only like 4.89 or something like that for 40 oz. It colors well and throws scents great. Be careful when mixing though!!!! if over mixed or shaken it will completely liquify and lose the slight thickness it has.

Every since someone mentioned BCN's base I've been searching like crazy for it but I cant find it. Can someone post a link.

The Germ X brand works great. Alot of ppl in my family are nurses and us it like crazy.Many have sensitive skin and they've never had a problem with their hands drying out. The Germ X does not have enough fragrance to smell so its easily covered and smells absolutely wonderful. It works great for testing which is what I've used it for so far. You'll also find that some scents will leave the base or germ x clear while other will make it cloudy. SO far, they only scent that I've tested that will leave it clear is Strawberries and Cream.

Since i made many different scents, i took it out of the bottles, but i have made it in the bottles that it comes in. As far as the scent ration, i just scent it until im happy. I try to make mine really strong so.... I use about an ounce or two to an 40 ounces of hand sanitizer

You can make your own with 100 proof vodka or Everclear. I used to do 50/50 and actually tested it. (I'm a lab tech and have access to agar plates) ;) Upon doing some more research though, the recommended percentage of alcohol is around 62-63%. (62 percent alcohol, 38 percent aloe gel, plus your fragrance) So you would have to up the Everclear/vodka accordingly, which may make for a very runny mix. Also be aware this is just for home use and no way could you sell this without an ATF license, being that it is made with booze! :D

I have used GermX too and it doesn't dry my hands out like some out there that I have used.

I have to disagree, that brand is the worst for drying out my hands.

But like anything else, we each have our own likes & dislikes and each person can have different reactions to this product.

I have to disagree, that brand is the worst for drying out my hands.

But like anything else, we each have our own likes & dislikes and each person can have different reactions to this product.

This is so true. I've never had problems with Germ X drying out my hands whereas my Mom's hands get horribly dry from using it. She won't give it up though, just slathers on my lotion, butter or Monoi mousse afterwards. :D .