Wick Stickums

Im so disappointed. I order wick stickums for the first time last week and got them in yesterday. They held the wicks in great until I added wax. It was chaos. I was in a frenzy trying to save a whole pot of wax that had just been poured into my containers which no longer had wicks. I ended up wasting 5 containers, 8 wicks, 2 pounds of wax, some fragrance, wick stickums, and a whole lot of time. I thought that the wax might have been too hot but it was just luke warm. Anyone else had similar problems?

I did. tried the stickums one time and that was my last. the hot glue gun works for me :) sorry you had that happen. Every once in awhile i don't get enough glue on the bottom of my tabbed wick and it floats, but I can still salvage the candle.:)

Not all wick stickums are created equal. Quite a few of them are complete and utter garbage (trust me, I've tried them). Unless you ordered them from BCN or BCS, you probably got the garbage ones. I'm willing to bet my life that, if they came out when you poured wax, then they are NOT from BCN or BCS. Try those, and you won't be disapointed.

I'm a silicone girl myself - I never found wick stick'ems to work well (I too have found BCN's to work the best of the stick'ems I've tried but they did not work 100% of the time for me) and have even had wicks pop lose using Craftsman high melt point hot glue.

I keep trying new things but keep coming back to my handy silicone -the only think I don't care for with the silicone is the long time it takes to harden/dry.

Good luck with your testing!

I use silicone too, GE #1 or #11 100% silicone calking works great. I have used wick stickem's from several places also use to use the Hot glue high melt. But silicone works for me every time no matter what temp I pour. Sometimes the wick will pull out but the tab is still attached. If you don't want to mess with a glue gun just buy it by the tube.

I use BCN's wick stickums and have had very little problems. The only time I had a problem is when a shipment of jars were greasy feeling inside and the stickums wouldn't adhere very well. I used a "baby wipe" to clean the bottom where the stickum was to go and this solved the problem. HTH

The wick stickums work great for us...if we wash our jars. I tried pouring testers once without washing out the jars...disaster!

There does seem to be a film on the jars, so we prefer to wash them before using BUT I see a problem here if we start trying to do alot of candles.

i use a candle lighter to warm the bottoms of my jars & i use either the wick stickums from the candle makers store or bcn i've never had any problem with them coming loose. i just recently have been pouring some of the glass glow palm that i poured at 200 degrees into jars with the candle makers stores wick stickums hold the wicks & they didn't come loose.

I've used them from BCN, they worked great. Now I use the ones from The Candlemakers Store and they also work great. I've never really had any issues with them coming loose from either of these suppliers.

Like other people have said though, I've tried them from other suppliers that did cause issues.

I also use soy and pour at lower temperatures. I even decide to try them again at a super low temp and they still came off and the wax frosted REALLY bad. I might try the silicon. The super glue im using is a gel and cost around 3.00 for a pack or two which will last throught about sixty candles. The silicon sounds cheaper so ill test it.

I've used them from BCN, they worked great. Now I use the ones from The Candlemakers Store and they also work great. I've never really had any issues with them coming loose from either of these suppliers.

Like other people have said though, I've tried them from other suppliers that did cause issues.

I've used some that have been complete and utter garbage. The ones I tried from BCN gave me little to occasional problems. The ones I've been using for the past year from The Candlemakers Store have given no trouble at all, so far.

Rena

i

Not all wick stickums are created equal. Quite a few of them are complete and utter garbage (trust me, I've tried them). Unless you ordered them from BCN or BCS, you probably got the garbage ones. I'm willing to bet my life that, if they came out when you poured wax, then they are NOT from BCN or BCS. Try those, and you won't be disapointed.

How very true!

I always thoroughly wash and dry my containers and then wick them with the wick stickums. Never had one come loose in all the candles I've made. It's like some of the others have said: most jars come with a slight film in the inside and by washing them first, you should have no problems with the wicks coming loose. JMO