"BLUE SUGAR" users

Toni S.

:2cents: I have the Blue Sugar type that Denise from Fragrances by Design got in...tested in IGI 6006 soy blend and loved it. I know...I work with Denise...but have to say that I love it!! OOB you smell more of the toasted caramel and undertones of the black licorice...but when it hits the wax...the black licorice scent pops and you smell the different nuances of this scent! Testing after 24 hours was really good! Just thought I'd give my testing of it. I'm sure others will tell their test results when they get their oil from her last pre-buy ... I got mine early because I had to drop off oils to her and got mine last week :)

Hope this helps!

Kim

Hi there,

We've been working on this irresistible dupe for several months now ... so far .. so great! It is lovely and quite true to the real deal with maybe a bit more of the carmalized sugar notes at the top. It is so good, IMO! :D

Tested in 100% soy & it is AWESOME! Great hot & cold throw! The scent lingers after the candle is out ... very good ~ definitely a keeper!

CP results coming within the next week!

Look for it mid-May 2007!

Stacy :)

Our first bottles went out this morning. Can't wait to see what all you guys think. We are in love with this scent. I have 4 bars of soap in my kitchen and they scent it up so nicely. Did very well in a 70/30 parasoy candle for us too.

Glo

Got my Blue Sugar today from FBD prebuy. Don't know what I expected, but in lotion it is very, very masculine. I smell licorice, cedar, & bergamot. Nothing caramalized or sweet. It reminds me a lot of Axe Phoenix. Will put it in wax tomorrow and see if I can get more notes. :cry2: :cry2: So far I'm disappointed. DH not impressed like I wanted him to be. Carole

Blue Sugar's description is "A perfect duplication of Aqoulinas popular mens counterpart to Pink Sugar. Caramelized sugar and vanilla blended with heady notes of cedar and tonka bean. The heart of the fragrance is rich with energetic notes of licorice, patchouli, lavender, and coriander, freshened with crisp bergamot and mandarin, and finished with soothing notes of anise."

Just my opinion...it's not a sweet scent like for women (I love Pink Sugar!!) ... masculine but not overpowering. Funny you say that your hubby doesn't like it ... my hubby does not like the Blue Sugar at all...he says it's a "warm" scent...plus he doesn't like licorice. Now my Phoenix scent...he loves that one...says it's a "cool" scent ... fav scents Echo, Chrome, Aqua di Gio, Polo Sport, Black Code... and doesn't think they smell anything alike...he just keeps saying...ick to Blue Sugar...but I personally like it :) But...different noses...I did like the Blue Sugar in wax...the licorice pops more...oob...I thought it was more like a sassy women's scent...but that's just me.

Kim :)

Hope ours starts arriving today. I will be interested to see reviews because I thought the exact opposite of our Backwoods version. I thought it was quite sweet with lots of camelized sugar and leaned more away from the masculine scent it is supposed to be. More unisex but leaning toward the feminine IMOH. The anise was more evident in our candles too.

Glo

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Backwoods order today! Nice...very nice.

I was at the Galleria yesterday and remembered to stop by men's fragrances and pick up some Blue Sugar. I guess what I like about Aqualina is that their fragrances are unique and without a doubt, recognizable. Not sure they are my cup of tea to wear frequently but Blue Sugar IS an "every once in awhile" fragrance and is fun and interesting. Of course when I received my Blue Sugar from Backwoods (I started to just type BS and changed my mind..I like Connie too much for that after I read it LOL) I was excited to compare.

Anyway...I sprayed the real deal on one hand....and rubbed some of the Backwoods FO on the other..waited awhile...and my assessment of the dupe is it is close...very close. I asked my friend what she thought and she said DEAD ON. SO...I think that Blue Sugar will be like Pink Sugar.....there will be those that love it and those that don't care for it but thank goodness it is NEW...and different...and unique...and fresh...and certainly a contemporary product associated with 2007 NOT 1999!! So, I think it is a keeper if it performs well in wax...and without a doubt could be very workable as a unisex fragrance in B&B. Good job Backwoods!

I soaped my Backwoods Blue (Sugar) and to my nose it's sweet with a cologne-type quality at the same time, IMHO making it potentially unisex. Certainly men won't object to it in soap. Not caramel, exactly, but really burnt sugar. The vanilla is very light - NOT the center of the fragrance at all.

It held up beautifully in soap.

Alrighty, I am going to feign sugar stupidity. I carry Pink Sugar and have smelled the actual perfume. So I got my Backwoods order today and had ordered a pound of Backwoods Blue to play with; I have never smelled the cologne, though. I was expecting a very masculine scent, but when I smelled it oob, all I could think of was "Hmmm, Pink Sugar." I even asked my hubbin to sniff it without telling him what it was and he said, "That is almost like that one you already have...pink sugar." Now I will say I am SO stopped up because my allergies are going nuts, but it was jus so similar to me, to the point where I am not sure if I can carry both.

I also ordered Cuc/mint, Pink Pepperberry (I am guessing on the names because I don't have the oils or website in front of me), Amazingly Graceful and then the Blackberry Blue. I was impressed with all of them! Cannot wait to try them!

Vertically, everyone seems to be smelling a little something different with the Blue Sugar. I don't smell Pink Sugar at all. At first, all I could smell was cedar. Now I get the full scent (I think), and it's very nice. Still some sweet to it but not as much as Pink Sugar.

For those of you who have soaped the BW Blue Sugar....did it discolor?? I have a bottle of it sitting here and I am going to soap it this weekend but wanted to know about discoloring so I know what I want to do with it as far as swirling and that?

I smell patchouli, lavender, licorice, cedar, & bergamot.:drool:NOT.... This sounds like the worst scent ever. Yuck!

Really? I love all of those scents so I think it sounds awesome! I am not crazy about hearing it smells like sugar tho....someday I am just going to have to try it..but who's is less 'sweet' smelling, that will be the key for me!

IMHO, the Blue Sugar by FBD is not sweet at all. The Backwoods is sweeter. After having poured both in lotion & candles, I still get a predominently cedar/bergamot scent. It is complex like Pink Sugar, but I don't think they smell close. I like the Backwoods better but still not sure I like it. Guess you'll just have to test it yourself. Carole

For those of you who have soaped the BW Blue Sugar....did it discolor?? I have a bottle of it sitting here and I am going to soap it this weekend but wanted to know about discoloring so I know what I want to do with it as far as swirling and that?

I don't think it discolored, or if it did the discoloration was light. I colored the base blue with a white (little tiny bit of TD) swirl. It's holding its color fine.