I'm mad as h***!

I can't believe this! I was online putting together an order from WSP yesterday and noticed the wax I use was on sale. I have a fundraiser coming up and I am out of wax, so I called to order a pallet. The lady on the phone told me they only had a partial pallet (30 cases) left. I said that was fine, whatever I can get. Then she checked and said no, we have 2 full pallets left. I told her I wanted one for sure and would have to check on where to have it delivered to. I offered my cc # but she said no, she'll just put a hold on it and there would be no problems. I gave her my phone number just in case she needed it to get a cc# to process the sale so someone else wouldn't get the wax. She assured me they wouldn't sell it. Well, when I called back to tell them the location, she said " Oh, I'm sorry it sold." Can you believe that?! She said she can't sell the regular stock at that price because the manufacturer has strict rules on the selling price. I am so stinkin' mad. I told her it was terrible customer service and they are loosing me as a customer over this. Didn't seem to matter. They must have so much business what one lost customer. They have always been pretty good to me, but this was all it took to loose me. I can get wax somewhere else, but they can't get another customer as easily. I was thinking of changing waxes anyway, so this just pushed me over the edge. I know others on here have had problems with this company. Now I have experienced it first hand! I don't know if they get on here much to read this, but I say "WSP-Your customer service STINKS!"

Don't think your stopping being a customer doesn't hurt them because you are only one person. People like me who would be potential customers read things like this and end up never ordering from them. They lose a lot more than one. In this case they've at least lost 2, and don't forget the hundreds of people who read this site and never post.

But do make sure to post if they make things right for you.

I've had similar problems w/ other suppliers & never placed another order -- also made sure to tell my story when given a chance, so bad customer service definitely costs a company more than 1 customer. WSP isn't on my short list of suppliers I really want to try, but a story like this makes me certain there are too many good suppliers I'd rather send my money to. In addition, shipping is too much of a factor for any supplier to be acting like they're the only game in town!

Susan.

Definately call and speak to the owner ... she may have no idea what's going on. If you normally like this supplier, I would make another attempt to straighten this out. If you don't get any satisfaction ... then it's their loss ... move on to a supplier who appreciates your business.

I would definitely call and speak to Debbie - I have always had great co from them. Debbie has called me in the past about a problem I was having - on a Sat at that. I buy a lot from them. Hope you can solve things.

Well, I called Debbie. She was very nice about it, but did not offer any consolation. I don't know about you guys, but in my business I have given PLENTY away to gain a customer or two. She really didn't know why the lady (her mother) told me she was going to hold it for me. She said there was really nothing she could do. They make so little on a pallet, that there is no room to even give me a little discount.

So now I have to decide. Do I swallow my pride and order from them anyway? Or find another wax and retest everything? I can't find this wax anywhere else close to me, especially at their prices. What to do, what to do..........

What wax is it? Maybe the candle makers store has it or will order some. I would call and get a price. And I don't understand why just certain pallets were on sale and not others of same wax. Maybe she should ask her mother if she said that and then eat the cost cause an employee gave you the wrong info. After all if we can't rely on what their employees say??

Sometimes we do have to eat our pride. If it's less expensive to use this supplier, I say, give them one more shot.Candle supplies plus shipping can be very expensive. Who wants to test all over again. I hate testing!!:2cents:

Well, I called Debbie. She was very nice about it, but did not offer any consolation. I don't know about you guys, but in my business I have given PLENTY away to gain a customer or two. She really didn't know why the lady (her mother) told me she was going to hold it for me. She said there was really nothing she could do. They make so little on a pallet, that there is no room to even give me a little discount.

So now I have to decide. Do I swallow my pride and order from them anyway? Or find another wax and retest everything? I can't find this wax anywhere else close to me, especially at their prices. What to do, what to do..........

Her mother...lucky you!:wink2:

I would have to say loose alittle time, and search for another supplier who has your wax. Compare their costs, with wsp's normal costs....and go from their. Most businesses belive if you know your saving money you'll prolly buy reguardless. I would atleast spend alittle time and search for a new supplier with your wax.

Yeah if you can find another supplier. A business person should make the situation right for you within reason. To me it seems like they are saying "whoops someone else messed up" (finger pointing) but doing nothing about it. Did they even apologize for what happened?

But yeah the thought of retesting everything... yuck! :)

Anyone know of a good ecosoya supplier in Ohio?

I have baught soy wax from ..atwixend, thecandlesource, and thecandlemakerstore and Naturesgarden....i'm not sure off hand what exactly they were but it was their 100% soy wax.

I just purchased 50# from millcreek and shipping with some oils was only $15, so not bad at all.

Hope this Helps Some!!!