Chunk help

I keep my chunks in a Glad plastic container or any container that won't suck the FO out of it, (if they have FO) and before I make my candles, I put the container of chunks in the freezer just long enough to chill them, that way the wax won't bleed. I don't know if anyone else does this but works for me. HTH

Lolas,

By doing this have you found a problem with this method?

When you put the cold chunks into the mold or container do they sweat or form condensatation. Then when you over-pour with wax you trap water in the candle and you don't get a very good burn.

Do you notice this or have any problems with burn because of this method?

Is there a certain amount of time that is best to use the freezer method?

The reason I ask this is, I live in a very humid area and would think this would happen. In our area when you take a cold soda can out of the frig in no time the can will sweat. I think this would happen with the chunks too.

I have been making my chunks with a blended wax. It has additives in it that keep it from bleeding. We pour our white "school" candles at 175 and the letters and chunks do not bleed. You can also add 1/2 tsp gloss poly C 15 and that helps with the bleed.Good luck! Donita