To Die For butters? - UPDATE

daniedb

Their site shows the butter page as empty - I can't get to it by the main nav page, and if I click through from a recipe link, it doesn't have anything listed! I'm obviously going to call them tomorrow, but I wanted to find out tonight if anyone had any insight as to what's up - now that I finally have a regional wholesaler, I hate to lose my butter supply.

Talked to Judy - the guy who she outsources to is http://www.onederbar.com/ She said that every Wednesday, the guy makes deliveries to her store, so if you have things you need from her and the other guy, you can just go in when you pick up and tell her that you have an order in the back from Onederbar (pronounced Wonder-bar). Haven't navigated the site yet, but it looks like he's having a mango butter sale, yay!

another supplier that is as good. Do you happen to know who took over or their address? I like to buy 50 pounds at a time and need to be sure it is as good a quality. I don't like the stinky kind or the snow white kind that is all bleached out either. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I live in Oregon and shipping is a big concern.:P Soapymomma

another supplier that is as good. Do you happen to know who took over or their address? I like to buy 50 pounds at a time and need to be sure it is as good a quality. I don't like the stinky kind or the snow white kind that is all bleached out either. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I live in Oregon and shipping is a big concern.:P Soapymomma

I feel that this shea is much better than TDF. I used to use the raw unrefined from TDF but started useing this before they stopped selling. I dont' feel you will be dissapointed.

http://www.agbangakarite.com/

Thanks for the link. I beleive Agbanga has an office in Seattle, shipping should be decent. You might call and ask for a sample.

Also, I don't know the name of the company that took over TDF butters, but when the dish comes up, that's where I saw it. Or email TDF, they'll tell you.

HTH

I believe the company that carries TDF's butters now is http://www.onederbar.com . They are in Fredericksburg, Tx. I was running low on Palm oil and placed an order to try them out. I was very impressed with their prices, delivery time and quality of product. I'll definitely be using them again:D .

That's funny cause I thought their prices were on the high side. I have started ordering most of my oils and such from Columbus foods or Oils by Nature. Ricebran from Honest Foods.

Any suggestions would be wonderful. I live in Oregon and shipping is a big concern.
I get mine from Glory Bee. They are in Eugene so shipping is fairly economical. I have heard that Agbanga Karite's is good quality, though have not tried theirs yet. They are in WA (Olympia) so shipping shouldn't be too bad for us west coast folks.