My review of Peak's new container wax

In my opinion this new container is wonderful. These are just my reasons.

1. Easy to work with

2. Easy to color

3. No wet spots

4. No smoking or sooting

5. Wonderful cold throw and hot throw

If I missed anything let me know.

The waxes I have been using are 6006 and 1945/4630A.

I was curious about this wax also. Do you think it would work for votives and tarts, or is it to soft? The 1945 was to soft for my tarts, but my cbl 129 worked great for containers, tarts and votives.

Also, do you find it's a must to heat the containers, oh I would hate to have to start doing that again :sad2:

Thanks so much for the review, please keep us posted on how it burns.

I have always heated my jars so I really can't answer that but I can try tomorrow and see if it is necessary or not if you would like for me to check for you. I think this wax is in between the 1945 and 6006 which are not good by itself for tarts and votives. I would still add it to a votive wax or pillar wax for the tarts. HTH

I have always heated my jars so I really can't answer that but I can try tomorrow and see if it is necessary or not if you would like for me to check for you. I think this wax is in between the 1945 and 6006 which are not good by itself for tarts and votives. I would still add it to a votive wax or pillar wax for the tarts. HTH

Thanks so much for the info!!

I have only tested French Vanilla so far. I will also up the FO load and see what the top end will be. I normally use 6% in any of my candles. I will post the results as early as tonight. If there is anything else please let me know so I can try it out give you the results.

I would be interested to know too, if the jars need to be heated first. Of course, that's provided it isn't too much trouble for you to try this out.

I NEVER heat my jars. I used to when I first started, but quit doing that about 3 years ago. I just see no difference in a candle that was poured in a heated jar and one that wasn't a month down the road..

I didn't get any more or any less wetspots by doing this, so I've just learned to live with the wetspots.. Just a fact of the candlemaking life. :)

Oh and I didn't heat my jars using Peaks new container wax Tuesday night and as of this morning, still no wetspots, but that's not to say they wont show up.. lol

I would also like to know how this wax will hold FO. J223 is my container wax of choice, but if this new container wax is as good and gets rid of the wet spots...HUMMMMMM Let us know what you come up with.

Oh, yeah, thanks for your review.

Don't know how much FO you use, I normally use 1 ounce per lb, but for testing purposes I used 1.5 ounce per lb with absolutely no problems at all. I use J50 (have never used J223-but have heard they are very similar) and this new container wax is actually wick testing exactly the same as my J50 so far. :)

Only difference that I can tell so far, is that the color is more vibrant than my J50.. The cold throw was about the same, and hot throw is really good. :)

HTH

Thanks for the review! Curious what scents you tried in it and how they did :yay:

I've done LoveSpell, Christmas Splendor and a blend I've namedd Romantic (LS + Strawberry = yummy!! lol)

All have been testing exactly like my J50 as far as wicking, scenting, throwing and burning. As I've mentioned, the colors are a little more vibrant, but other than that, no difference so far. I'm really really liking it so far!! :)

DiamondK, since I also have been using the 1945, would you say it's comparable? I mean as far as wicking and such? Did you use the same wicks and jars that you have been using?

Thanks to both you and Jcandleattic for the reviews I think Alan should give you a discount for promoting this wax. ;)

Thanks to both you and Jcandleattic for the reviews I think Alan should give you a discount for promoting this wax. ;)

LOL Actually I kinda do get one, because I'm local I don't pay shipping. So that right there is a good enough discount for me.. However they have started charging a penny to come pick your stuff up!! lol (I think I can sacrafice a cent though!! lmao)

I don't use the 1945, but did test it when it first came out, and I would say that the wicking is probably not the same, because it wasn't for me comparing the J50 and 1945. BUT I didn't extensively test the 1945, so that's the only opinion I can give on that.. :)

DiamondK, since I also have been using the 1945, would you say it's comparable? I mean as far as wicking and such? Did you use the same wicks and jars that you have been using?

I am finding it very comparable to the 1945 but I believe it is better especially in the coloring of it. HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did develop wet spots after about a week, but that is typical, and I expected it. Wet spots in most container wax is just the nature of candlemaking, and I've learned long ago not to be too concerned about them, as most customers do not even notice them, unless WE point them out to them. :)

IMO this wax is preforming BEAUTIFULLY!! And I'm sticking with it. :)

I use the quilted jelly jars so it is hard to tell. I have been burning this one candle for test purpose only and the hot throw is wonderful. The hot throw was great even after just curing 24 hours. I did test the J223 and never could get a good cold/hot throw with it. HTH