Candles & EO's

I think it depends on the person. I personally have never had a problem with an EO, but dislike, and have reactions to, many FO's. However, it seems that many EO's don't do well in candles. There's threads on this, look around, you'll find that some EO's do work for some people in candles. I think you'd have to experiment and test a lot.

Sure it can happen, people can be allergic to anything. But I've also seen it the other way, that people can't use EOs in products, including candles. I can't burn cinnamon, and I don't care if it's an FO or an EO.

Remember, FOs *can* contain essential oils.

People can be allergic to both FO and EO. I am sensitive to many FO's. I think that less people are allergic to EO's that are steam distilled, but some may still be. Often it is the solvents that cause trouble. Steam distilled EO's have no solvents and I think this is the reason that they cause less problems for people. Absolutes are EO's, but are solvent extracted not steam distilled. I find Absolutes give me a splitting headache and can't work with them (same as many FO's). Hope that is clearer than mud.

Janette