What do you use for Inventory Control?

Demenshia

Just curious as to what everyone uses to keep track of inventory, sales, supplies etc? I looked at SoapMaker, but I only do candles and not sure how well that would work, I've also looked at a program called Craft Business Management System which seems awesome but pricey. I dont' have MS Office so Excel and Access are out. Right now doing most of this stuff by hand but as I grow I'd rather use the computer to help out :D. TIA

I use the SoapMaker software for candles. It's worked well for me so far.

You can download a free trial to play around with to see if it will work for you.

If you have any problems with it you can pm me.

I just started to use QuickBooks. I am still learning about it but plugging everything in. Right now I am just using the Sales Receipts section and the Income and Expense section. I am not sure how the inventory part works. I am able to tell what my best sellers are. I am also able to calculate how much I make at Home Parties, Craft Shows, Consignments, and different customers, etc.

How would the Craft one differ from QuickBooks? If it would be better I would consider it, but I hate the thought of having to transfer everything I put in this year over to it.

Quickbooks Premier. I enter wax, wicks, ect as inventory.. then pull them out of inventory and put them back in as a candle by making a build. I take the laptop to shows and sell right out of that inventory. I get reports on inventory, can set flags for ordering when stock is low, and get a profitability report on jobs and items sold. WELL worth the $$.

I use the Quickbooks NUE that came with my Powerbook. It doesn't have a true inventory module, but you can still set up items. I've changed it a bit this year - I've got an item for every type of soap. With candles I just had one item per type of candle, and didn't split it up by scent.

When I make something, I use the inventory adjustment to 'put it into inventory'. And when I enter a cash sale, when I use the item code, it takes it 'back out of inventory'.

For now I just use it for finished items. I don't put all my wicks and wax and fragrances in it - I tried that but could never keep it very accurate.

I use Quickbooks Pro. There is no build feature in pro, so I have to make a manual adjustment from raw inventory to finished inventory. This works ok for me now, but I plan on upgrading to Premeire when I can afford it.

Instead of creating a new inventor item, you create and inventor assembly. There is a box to do say 1 jar, 1 wick, 16 oz wax, 1 oz fo.. ect. Then you go into the activities tab and do a build. I create new items with out the price.. do a build then go back to the item and it shows the cost of the build. I then price the item accordingly. If you need more info feel free to pm.

My version is the 2003. I got mine off Ebay for about $300 new and with a $120 rebate [had earlier version]. At the time that version was going for about $500. Watch Ebay and get a feel for what they are going for and try that route to get a good buy on the software. Might even see if you can get the 2003 version for a good price.