1st attempt at Kimberly's Whipped Shea

KristineG

Thanks! I wasn't too sure about it. I thought maybe it was supposed to be runnier. I followed Kimberly's directions. I think I had it exactly where it should be and then whipped it once more for 3 seconds and felt it stiffen. I think it would have been just right if I didn't do that. Can you over whip this? It's not emulsified.

Looks yummy. In my experience w/ whipped butters they hardened up to a week. So after having to (twice) take the butter out of jars to add more oil (to soften it to the consistence I wanted- personal preference which is different for everyone) I got smart. I would follow my recipe, then place a cover over the bowl and let it sit and room temp for a week. After a week or so I would add more oil and whip it if was too hard for my taste, if not I'd put it in jars. For me, I've never had a problem adding more oils and re-whipping. A great idea would be to keep track of how much more oil or butter you add for your starting point the next time you make this recipe. HTH :)

Did I mention how YUMMY this looks :drool:. I LUV it uncolored, it reminds me of buttercreme icing ;) !!!!

How did you get it in the jar??? My frist attempt at making cream soap and i am having a hard time finding a good way to get it in jars. normally i don't make things just cp. Looks great

One word......SPOON.:D

I use a long tea spoon to transfer my whipped shea and thick creams into the jars.

Looks yummy. In my experience w/ whipped butters they hardened up to a week. So after having to (twice) take the butter out of jars to add more oil (to soften it to the consistence I wanted- personal preference which is different for everyone) I got smart. I would follow my recipe, then place a cover over the bowl and let it sit and room temp for a week. After a week or so I would add more oil and whip it if was too hard for my taste, if not I'd put it in jars. For me, I've never had a problem adding more oils and re-whipping. A great idea would be to keep track of how much more oil or butter you add for your starting point the next time you make this recipe. HTH :)

Did I mention how YUMMY this looks :drool:. I LUV it uncolored, it reminds me of buttercreme icing ;) !!!!

I have never had to rewhip.