Wholesale question

dpowell

For those of you who wholesale, I am wondering if you have a minimum for each scent / type of candle. For example do you let a wholesale account order 1 of this scent, 2 of that scent assuming they meet your order minimum total?

I would think maybe not, however I'm not sure exactly how to word this to a potential customer so that they understand how they need to order.

Thanks in advance.

Oh Yes I do have minimums.

For sample, my jumbo tarts are 2.5oz and I make lb of scented wax

So I make it a minimum of 8 per scent for my wholesale customers.

Same thing with candles...I would say minimum of whatever it takes for you to make with lb of scent, that is if that's the way you make your candles.

Just don't let them order just 1 or 2 just to use your discount.

HTH

Dani

I have minimums on everything...

Jars are sold by the case ONLY. I will allow the store to choose up to three scents for the case.

I have quantities for my pillars also (either a 3pc set, or 2 3x6, or 3 3x4.5, or 4 3x3, etc)

We used to have minimums but found that we lost alot of the smaller wholesale accounts because they just couldn't do it. But we also do fundraisers and retail so, we keep a large inventory anyway on all of our scents. We do have wholesalers who just buy 1,2 or 3 of one scent. Others, buy more. We service very large and very small accounts. Money is money so why limit your options. Every customer is different! We do have price breaks for over 10 cs, 50 cs, 100 cs though. But, they don't have to be a certain amount of a particular fragrance.