An FYI about the Paypal Fees.

Ashlie K

I had someone send me a payment for credit card which I dont do and it clearly stated to upgrade and heres the part that shocked me....Its a fee of 4.9%.

It went up from 2.9 to 4.9.

Just something for those who do accept credit cards.

I just checked my paypay account and the fees listed are:

Monthly IncomePer TransactionTransaction Price Example$0.00 USD -

$3,000.00 USD2.9% + $0.30 USDYou’ll pay $3.20 USD

on a $100.00 USD transaction.$3,000.01 USD -

$10,000.00 USD2.5% + $0.30 USD

Merchant Rate qualification requiredYou’ll pay $2.80 USD

on a $100.00 USD transaction.$10,000.01 USD -

$100,000.00 USD2.2% + $0.30 USD

Merchant Rate qualification requiredYou’ll pay $2.50 USD

on a $100.00 USD transaction.> $100,000.00 USD1.9% + $0.30 USD

Merchant Rate qualification requiredYou’ll pay $2.20 USD

on a $100.00 USD

transaction.

What happened is that personal accounts could not receive credit card payments in the past. Now they've changed it so you can. The fee is 4.9% + $0.30 and there's a limit of 5 such transactions per 12-month period.

Business accounts are still charged 2.9% + $0.30, there's no change there as far as I know. So if you think you'll be getting credit card payments more regularly, it may benefit you to upgrade to have the lower fee.

Ok, I read the whole thing! You have to upgrade to premier account, which is free.......they just comfirm your bank account. That's what I have and have used for ebay for a while otherwise I couldn't get cc payments. So, you need to do this upgrade to get your fees back down! It's so easy to do and well worth it!

The bad deal with paypal is you will have to pay for everything that comes in like it was a credit card. If they have money in their account and it transfers to you, you will still have to pay the card fees.

:(

They also have the premiere account rates and then the merchant rates for cards. You might have to jump a few hoops to get the merchant but it is worth it.

The bad deal with paypal is you will have to pay for everything that comes in like it was a credit card. If they have money in their account and it transfers to you, you will still have to pay the card fees.

Yes, this is the disadvantage of having the business account. In Ashlie's case, if it's only a few credit card payments here and there, it could still be cheaper for her to pay the higher transaction fee than to have the lower transaction fee levied on all payments.

:(

Yeah, I've never considered that to be really fair. Processing a credit card payment? Fine and dandy; take your fees. Fair enough.

But when someone's sending instant cash and they take the fees out there too, well ... I think that's a rip-off myself.