Plastic display boxes

Hi guys

I've found a place where they do clear plastic display boxes

http://www.bagnboxman.co.uk/catalogue/page24_clear-boxes.php

They look to be reasonably priced by UK standards. I'm thinking of using them for my glass tumblers. Thing is in the description it says that they are made from PVC.

Would they suck out the scent?

I plan on making my candles to order, so they would be in the boxes just while they are being posted.

Are they suitable or do I need to look for maybe acetate boxes. Are they better?

Any advice, pleeease :smiley2:

Ruby

Hi guys

I've found a place where they do clear plastic display boxes

http://www.bagnboxman.co.uk/catalogue/page24_clear-boxes.php

They look to be reasonably priced by UK standards. I'm thinking of using them for my glass tumblers. Thing is in the description it says that they are made from PVC.

Would they suck out the scent?

I plan on making my candles to order, so they would be in the boxes just while they are being posted.

Are they suitable or do I need to look for maybe acetate boxes. Are they better?

Any advice, pleeease :smiley2:

Ruby

These may be too flimsy to hold a tumbler candle - especially if the base is folded - your candle will either drop out the bottom or the whole box will bulge and distort with the weight of the candle.

These may be too flimsy to hold a tumbler candle - especially if the base is folded - your candle will either drop out the bottom or the whole box will bulge and distort with the weight of the candle.

OK ... I didn't think about that. My other thought was to wrap them in cellophane and tie them off with some raffia or ribbon. I was just trying to afford some cushioning while they were being chucked about in the post. I thought that if someone ordered say 2 tumblers then having them in these plastic boxes would stop them bashing together in the delivery box. 2 tumblers wrapped with cellophane could possibly chip, so they would also have to be either foam or bubble wrapped. That would spoil the presentation of the tumbler.

I have thought of putting them in the brown kraft boxes like these

flat_folding_brown_boxes.jpg

I just think the clear ones show off the product so much better.

What would you suggest? How does anyone else who does tumblers present them?

Help please coz I'm starting to run out of ideas :undecided

Thanks guys

Ruby

Hi Nat

As always you come up trumps. I was thinking along those lines too. I just saw those boxes and thought ooh good idea.

Getting the customers to unwrap the layers of bubble wrap gives the impression of unwrapping a nice surprise, which of course it will be coz my candles are going to be fab :D

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

ruby

i've been trying to get some cello bags' date=' but can't figure out the sizes of the gusset ;) [/quote']

Gussets???? I'm at the age now where the bigger they are the more comfortable they are :laugh2:

Sorry what kind of gussets are we talking about.

Only kidding

Ruby

i've been trying to get some cello bags' date=' but can't figure out the sizes of the gusset ;)

Mainly for pillars with a raffia tie.

that sounds good what Nat said Girlyracer, if they are just for posting in :)[/quote']

the gusset is pretty much the same size - it's the length of the bag that's more important, but to be honest, gusset bags are a pain in the butt for wrapping pillars - plain cellophane on a roll is much neater because you just roll the candle in cello, cut the base in several places, fold flat and tape down, then gather the tops and tie off. Here's some of mine:

DSCF0001.JPG

the gusset is pretty much the same size - it's the length of the bag that's more important, but to be honest, gusset bags are a pain in the butt for wrapping pillars - plain cellophane on a roll is much neater because you just roll the candle in cello, cut the base in several places, fold flat and tape down, then gather the tops and tie off. Here's some of mine:

DSCF0001.JPG

oh wow, Nat they are beautifully presented. Can I ask, you know the embellishments around the candles, do they have to come off before burning?

I have some little charms that I thought about adding to mine, but wondered whether folk would realise to take them off.

Whats polypro? is that suitable then? although I like the crinkle of cello :D

oh wow' date=' Nat they are beautifully presented. Can I ask, you know the embellishments around the candles, do they have to come off before burning?

I have some little charms that I thought about adding to mine, but wondered whether folk would realise to take them off.

Whats polypro? is that suitable then? although I like the crinkle of cello :D[/quote']

the candle can be burnt halfway down before the embellishment needs to be removed - and I tell my customers that in LARGE lettering in the card!