My 1st CP Soap!!

Hi everyone,

I just want to share a photo of my 1st CP soap. I'm so excited! I used a Shea butter soap recipe, scented with Country Berry Hotcakes from Peak Candle Supplies, color swirl is supposed to be Lilac from Crafter's Choice. It smells very edible, lol! Well, the mixture accelerated a bit when I mixed the scent so I couldn't swirl the color mixture as well and that's why the top isn't smooth. I guess I'm supposed to let it cure for 4-6 weeks before using. That's seems long to wait especially when I'm anxious to try it. Okay, I'll make the time pass by making several more batches :smiley2:. Thanks for looking!

Stephanie

1STCPSOAP003.jpg?t=1174760777

Thank everyone! Okay, since I'm going to make several more batches while I'm off work in the next 3 days I'd like to know the shelf life of CP soap after full cure. There's only 3 of us in my household although I can start giving them away to friends and family but some of them may not even want to try it -- don't want to waste my "babies". I would love some info on this. Gosh, I think this is so much more fun than candle tart making ---- I say that because I've been making tarts now for 2 years :).

Congratulations on your very first! It's an awesome feeling to create your own soap! :)

When I first started I usually gave mine the zap test by touching my finger to the soap and then to my tongue. If there's no lye tingle it's usually safe to use after about three days if you just want to see how it lathers up. I often take a bar into the shower after three days of cure, but wouldn't give it away or (definately) sell it before the official cure time.

Eugenia gave you great advice about putting a bar or two away from each batch to check out in a year. I wish I had kept some of my first bars to compare with the bars I now make.

Welcome to the best addiction there is! :D

Eugenia, thank you so much for that info. That is so cool! It gives me more reason to keep making CP soap. The curing period is definitely the down side of CP soap. I couldn't wait to try the CB Hotcakes soap so I cut a piece and using it as a hand soap. It has great lather and smells good but it's gel soft. The bubbly lather is really nice. I also make MP Goat Milk Soap which has a creamy lather but nowhere bubbly like the CP.

Sue Ann, I'll share some of my CP soap with you once it has cured 6 weeks. That is if you don't mind being a guinea pig :) . My 2nd batch I made yesterday is Iced Orange Pineapple (OMG, it's smells great), 3rd batch I'll be making tonight will be Purely Peppermint, 2 more batches tomorrow will be Pink Sugar and Black Raspberry Vanilla. Thank goodness, I bought lots of molds. I had a feeling I was going to love this!