More USPS woes...

KJohnson

So i go to the PO today to mail some packages, and my box was buldging a TAD...the PO lady made me take it out of that box and put it in another...THEN...she would not let me tape the box because its a RULE with flate rate boxes...they said the adhesive should be enough to keep the box sealed..and she said if it doesnt then i guess you shouldnt ship flat rate anymore. But on another flat rate box i had already taped..she said she would accept it THIS TIME> Then she said.."see this is where YOU PEOPLE are getting over by using flate rate boxes...She was not nice at all!!!

My box was barely buldging...it says you cant modify the box I didnt !!!

I said you know last time I was in here you took my package and taped even tho it had adhesive..she said oh but that was not a flat rate box.

Pffftttttttt!!!!! $#@%!!!!!

What a total B___! I would have asked to speak to the postmaster and told her to lose the attitude! Oh and........I would have cussed her out! I re-use my flate rate boxes that I get and they are taped on the second use. That's just crazy!

I think she's referring to the flat type boxes that have the self-adhesive strip, and to open them you pull the cardboard tab.....The other ones you have to tape and I"m sure that's not a problem, neither is re-using them. The squarer ones that is, maybe not the flat self sealing ones (I never re-use those anyways. )

I think she's referring to the flat type boxes that have the self-adhesive strip, and to open them you pull the cardboard tab.....The other ones you have to tape and I"m sure that's not a problem, neither is re-using them. The squarer ones that is, maybe not the flat self sealing ones (I never re-use those anyways. )

Ohhhhhhh, ok, I've never used the flat ones - that makes sense now! Thanks!

Mine adds tape herself- but she's the only one who works there. Last time I dropped something off, I had to wait for her to get out of the bathroom to process my stuff... she gets a one hour break every day (and the post office is CLOSED then) and other than that, she sorts and does the counter herself. Small town... and they closed *my* post office cause it was smaller and merged with that one (and we lost our zip code). Our old post office looked exactly like one of those photo processing drive throughs in parking lots... VERY tiny.

-Kristi

Doesn't your post office have a poster on the wall anywhere that says you will be greeted by courteous, well groomed postal employees? Mine does. It's right inside the entry of the lobby, not in the actual business area, where you stand in line forever and would have ample time to notice it and read it.

I can't see your package, so maybe you're really overstuffing it by a significant amount, because I can't imagine taking that kind of abuse from a postal worker every time you go there.

Call her bluff and demand to see the regulation she's referring to the next time it happens.

My post office employees are for the most part really nice, but some govt. workers miss the boat on who they really work for. They work for the tax payers and I am one of the tax payers. They need to get off of it and remember they do not run us. OOH, that is so irritating.

Janis

Usually she is very nice.

Today she must have had a cob up her a**.

I also forgot to mention that she showed me in the insdie of the box tabs where it says no tape..blah blah blah...

Anyway..yes this is the flat rate box that has the adhisive strip on it.

I dont usually go to the post office but it happened to be close..I wont go there again thats for sure