Glass Jars, UK - if anyone interested...

did you get the moulds I sent you? I forgot to email and tell you that I put two lots of mould sealer, wick bars and wick screws in the plastic envelope on the top of the parcel.

Am just wondering if you receive them as you've not said?

Nat

hiya nat :)

I did email, I'm still not sure why some are getting thru and others not :(

In about a week, I'll be able to pm on here.

Yep, postie bought me my lovely pressie yesterday afternoon. I still can't believe how kind you've been xx

They are brilliant, see my rustic, or not thread on gallery :) used them already.

Yeah i got the mould seal lol. I figured thats what that was, but had no idea why I had 2 bars and 2 screws lmao.

I've used the bars to go across the top of the mould held in place with sealer to hold the wicks? and still unsure of the screws lol.

btw, the last email, I enquired about wax, fo's and other bits you had, don't think you got it then :(

there must be some big cyber pot somewhere with emails in between us lol. some get thru and others don't, even using same email address.

thanks again nat xxxxx

you're a star

Might be better to send me a private message here then as I didn't get your mail?

email address is: natasha@scentifique.co.uk you have to make sure you spell scentifique correctly!

The bars are for tying the wick around to secure it which then rests on the base of the mould. The wick screws can be used or not - it's up to you but what you do is when you thread the wick through the hole in the bottom of the mould and then use the screw in the hole to secure the wick, then cover the whole wick, hole and screw in mould sealer. I rarely use them myself but I sent them anyway.

The bars are also useful when you move on to silicone moulds - you can stand them in the centre of a large mould to give you a wick hole. I may have some cone moulds going free once I've finished my inventory and I have at least 200 sample oils that I'm thinking of sharing out amongst newbies on here. But at the moment they're all in a box somewhere buried under 500 jars and 500lbs of wax - so I can't get them yet.

Nat

Might be better to send me a private message here then as I didn't get your mail?

email address is: natasha@scentifique.co.uk you have to make sure you spell scentifique correctly!

The bars are for tying the wick around to secure it which then rests on the base of the mould. The wick screws can be used or not - it's up to you but what you do is when you thread the wick through the hole in the bottom of the mould and then use the screw in the hole to secure the wick, then cover the whole wick, hole and screw in mould sealer. I rarely use them myself but I sent them anyway.

The bars are also useful when you move on to silicone moulds - you can stand them in the centre of a large mould to give you a wick hole. I may have some cone moulds going free once I've finished my inventory and I have at least 200 sample oils that I'm thinking of sharing out amongst newbies on here. But at the moment they're all in a box somewhere buried under 500 jars and 500lbs of wax - so I can't get them yet.

Nat

The sticks go in the base of the mould, I feel such a dipstick lol. Will try them that way tomorrow.

Can't do pm's here yet, think it has to be a month since joining, i've tried that email addy, hopefully it will get thru.

500jars and 500lb of wax, ye gods :)

thanks again xx

you might be doing it right - the terminology we're using could be confused though. When I say "base" of the mould, I mean the end of the mould that you pour into - which will end up as the bottom of the candle.

Where the wick comes out of the mould - that'll be the top of the candle, so I call that the top of the mould. When you've threaded the wick through the top - you need to tie it onto something at the base to keep it tight and centred - that's what the wick bar is for.

Nat

Hi Nat. Where do you get your jars from if you don't mind me asking? I found some tureen jars and some gorgeous little globe ones in the states but they want $45 shipping for one case of 12 or $60 for 2 cases. I WANT them but don't want to pay that lol. Anywhere in the UK do them that you know of??

Anjie,x.

Hi Anjie

There's nobody in the UK that does the good glass that you can get in the USA. I've searched and searched and searched and there's nothing. I get mine from France and they're twice as expensive, sometimes up to 4 times as expensive as the ones you could get in the USA. it sucks, but I'm working on it - I just found an agent who stocks Anchor Hocking - I met them at Spring Fair in Birmingham so I'm trying to get prices and quotes from them. Anchor Hocking glass is expensive, but it's just SO nice!

you might be doing it right - the terminology we're using could be confused though. When I say "base" of the mould, I mean the end of the mould that you pour into - which will end up as the bottom of the candle.

Where the wick comes out of the mould - that'll be the top of the candle, so I call that the top of the mould. When you've threaded the wick through the top - you need to tie it onto something at the base to keep it tight and centred - that's what the wick bar is for.

Nat

Hi Nat, lolol, yep I put it in the pouring end, (the bottom of finished candle). I did wonder how I could get my hand in to position it at the other end.