Coconut banana blast...

Mnhorsemom

I got some in the last Peaks co-op and decided to soap it today. I was going along my merry way, had just taken some soap out to color with yellow mica for what I'm sure will be a great swirl get that all mixed go to add the fo into my pot and WHAM instant yellow mashed potatos!! Threw the soap with the mica in the pot real quick gave things one more quick stir and wrangled the mess into my mold. For sure not going to be a nice smooth pretty top, so hopefully everything else will work out!

OK, when I soaped it before it was from an older bottle I got off the classifieds. I bought a new bottle a few months ago and finally got to it tonight and it is NOT behaving in soap at all. I KNOW something has changed cause my first time with it I was a) a newbie and would have freaked if I'd gotten the soap on a stick and B) I actually layered with it that time. This time I ended up sticking the solid mass (which had never even seen an SB) into the crockpot (where it totally cooked itself in 15 minutes and I'd FORGOTTEN TO EVEN TURN IT ON). Used same soap recipe too.

Weird. I gotta ask Peak if they changed it.

Carebear, sorry you ended up with a mess but sure glad to know I'm not being visited by the soap gremlins :tongue2: I was worried when you had posted that CBB had soaped well, and I ended up with instant mashed potatos is my "always use it recipe". Hope you soap turns out OK in the end!

Well, because I'm a glutton for punishment I tried again. This time I used a 29% lye solution and had my lye and oils at room temp (70 degrees). I put my FO into the oils, added the lye sol'n and stirred oh so carefully and it worked out. I had no time for swirls or anything but I did pour a smooth liquid into the mold.