Shipping Fragrance Oils

soycrazy

It's actually been a rule for quite a while now. This is why most suppliers won't ship via priority mail.

I had one tiny leak and I had a FAA Federal Investigator all over my tail. I had to turn up with paperwork and fax it that second or look at huge fines.

Every since 9/11 it has hit our industry hard. No we aren't going to blow up a plane with a 4 oz bottle of Mulberry but rules are rules and we don't make enough to pay fines, plus I don't look good in orange. LOL

The rules just keep on getting stricter. Hang in there girls. They can go parcel post.

Hugs,

Lisa

I just sold some oils on Ebay and our local post office refused to even accept them to ship parcel post. They started to recite to me all these regulations and what would happen to me if there was leakage or if a plane blew up. I ended up shipping them UPS. Which never questions anything...at least for now.

Karen

That is why I am basically a parcel post shipper too. As someone above said orange doesn't agree with me. Accentuates my rosacea!!

Glo

PS,

I agree these are not new regs just some PO's are starting to be stricter,and I am thinking better safe than sorry so parcel it is unless all FO ordered is the above 200 mark for FP. I'll happily stuff a flat rate box if all the FO meets the 200 degrees, just so happens some of the most popular are below that. Nearly every order has at least one sample below 200.