Question about adding FO to Body Butter

Lightkeeper

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting started to take a stab at making the Whipped Body Butter. My question is when adding FO is it OK to add later, as in stirred in separately after you finish making it. or does it have to be whipped in when you are making the batch?

I would like to make a bigger batch, and then scent them individually to try several different scents. I didn't know if this would cause it to go flat or lose the whipped texture.

Just wondering how most people go about it.

Thanks for your help!

I've never tried scenting after the whip. When mine sets up it is kinda stiff, so I don't think it would work with my recipe.

Ditto. It looks smooth & creamy when I put it in the jars right after the whip; if I wait, the texture looks -- well, not as NICE. LOL

I am sure that you can devide a scent individually. However, I only use one scent at a time because I start getting headaches when I try to work with different scents at the same time. Guess I am weird!!

Mary Lou

Well, tried 2 smaller batches with the scent whipped in. They turned out pretty good. They are still holding there whipped texture since Sun. I did not use the freezer at all just my KA and kept whipping. Next time I am going to try it with making the batch and then separating them out into jars and mixing in the scent instead of whipping to see what happens.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone for your help!! :smiley2: