1260 for hurricanes?

Who carries microcrystalline wax?

Is there more than one grade/type?

Which is best, as an additive, for hurricane wax?

You have to be kidding. You don't know this???????????? With 5055 I always use micro 180 from Candlewic....since moving....I ordered micro 175....totally different product....great as an additive for overdipping but not for hurricanes or orbs.....the best one I have ever ever ever used is 180.....it keeps bubbles out....keeps it less brittle.....makes it a little opaque but not too much. I actually have dropped my orbs and they bounced......not bad. I don't know other suppliers for the micro 180 other than Candlewic....I haven't really searched for it because I am not out of it......yet.......Donita Louise

You have to be kidding. You don't know this???????????? With 5055 I always use micro 180 from Candlewic....since moving....I ordered micro 175....totally different product....great as an additive for overdipping but not for hurricanes or orbs.....the best one I have ever ever ever used is 180.....it keeps bubbles out....keeps it less brittle.....makes it a little opaque but not too much. I actually have dropped my orbs and they bounced......not bad. I don't know other suppliers for the micro 180 other than Candlewic....I haven't really searched for it because I am not out of it......yet.......Donita Louise

Thank You.

I forgot about Candlewic. When I went to the site I remember now why I don't order from them. One case of the 5055 wax cost me 72% in shipping cost. That would cost me $1.75 per pound. That is just outragous. I normally don't pay over 20% in shipping cost from any supplier, I order from. Even pallets, by truck, have never cost me as much as 72%. They need to do something about their shipping cost.

BTW - Donita could you put 1 case of 5055 in the cart and tell me how much the shipping would be to you. I know you live further than me from candlewic, I'm in central lower US.

CandleMan....I have some 160 from Gen Wax.... on hand that worked for me. I haven't ordered from Candlewic lately...just little stuff, not hundreds of pounds of wax. I am still experimenting. I will let you know what I find. I am going to try wax from Swan and Cierra next. I did some orbs with the 160 from Cierra and it was ok.....but haven't done an embedded photo yet. It is always an experiment. Donita Louise

I will check on the shipping for one case and let you know.

I just checked it out and it was 60% shipping to Missouri for a case of that wax, but I'm not so sure the cart is accurate on wax shipments, you might want to give them a call and check. I guess ups still has the 200# discount on shipping which could help also.

I just checked it out and it was 60% shipping to Missouri for a case of that wax, but I'm not so sure the cart is accurate on wax shipments, you might want to give them a call and check. I guess ups still has the 200# discount on shipping which could help also.

WOW!!! That's still to high for shipping.

What's your average shipping cost on supplies?

Kris, yes you can use 1260 for regular 'canes but you need to add the micro 180. For picture 'canes I had better luck with the 5055 +micro 180. It is just as important to document everything you do when making a 'cane just like any other candle. Note your pour temp, did you heat the mold, water bath temp, etc.

Have fun

I don't know other suppliers for the micro 180 other than Candlewic....I haven't really searched for it because I am not out of it......yet.......

I haven't searched for alternative suppliers either, but I don't think it should be a huge problem. This is one of the most common microwaxes from a giant company. It comes from Sonneborn (from a division formerly known as Witco) and its true identity is Multiwax 180-W. http://www.sonneborn.com/products/pdf/Multiwax180W-PDS.pdf