custom baby activity blanket

beauloser

My 9 month old is crazy for zippers, buttons, snaps, and overalls buckles so I went out and bought all these things along with a yard of fabric and some iron on, fusible webbing...I just can't visualize the finished product, so I can't visualize the process as to how to get to the finished product...any suggetions? I do have a sewing machine and I know how to use it(in a home ec. sort of way!).

Do a search on Google or ebay to get ideas for the blanket. My kids had one when they were kids and they loved it. Theirs had pockets that you could put things in and and big push button that sounded like a horn and toys & teethers sewn on, so when I went somewhere I didn't have to take a bagful of activities, just the blanket. A very entertaining and educational blanket.

I sat down with all the supplies the other night and just started putting stuff together...it actually came out pretty nice, but my fingers hurt too bad to sew the snaps on...that's o.k....all she does is throw they blanket around and drool on it...I'm sure I'll get the snaps on before she is old enough to actually start using them.

This sounds so cool! Wish I had one for my kids...as said it would relieve a VERY heavy bag of stuff. My sister is due in August, actually just found out yesterday, they are having a boy - Logan! :thumbsup: Anyway, good for you and your blanket AND if it works out for you and you just can't wait to make another, let me know! By the way, I can hardly sew a button (please feel sorry for me:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: .) Seriously though, if it works out great and you want to do another or share what you did, I'd love to know. Take care and CONGRATS!!!

Melanie