mixing scents

Candlebuddy

I want to mix some Blueberry fo and some Velvety Vanilla fo together. Hoping to get a nice bakery scent.

What is the general rule of thumb on this? Somewhere I think I read it's usually 50/50. Any suggestions?

I also have Pineapple, Orange, Lemon - wow, just think of the possibilities!

All opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

There have been many posts on mixing also check the archives.

You can mix any % you like, there is no set rule. If you are mixing just two scents and you want a nice blend and one of the scents is stronger than the other don't add as much of that scent. It's just a trial an error of what you want the end result to smell like.

One kind of test I have read on here is to dip a cotton swab in the FO then put them in a ziplock bag. Mash them around so the scent mixes then check the scent. Some scents need to marry (sit awhile) before you get a true smell of the blend so you may need to waite a few days and check the scent again.

Hope this helps.

Candle Man

First I wave the bottles together opened under my nose to make sure they don't clash. Then you just think what the main smell you want to have is. One scent will most likely be stronger so you can use one to accent the other or you can truly blend them at 50/50 if they are equal in strength.

I like to do coconut and chocolate together for a maccaroon smell. The coconut is much lighter so I do 3/4 coconut then 1/4 chocolate.

You can even do three or more scents. I like Lav, sweet organge, patchouli. I do it at 1/2 lav(its lighter), 1/4 patch, 1/4 so.

When you mix them in the cup you'll know if you need more or less of something. I have a ton I mix for my own smells. It isn't hard at all, just go for it!:cheesy2:

That pineapple, orange, & lemon sounds good.

This link here has scent mixing ideas which I have found useful and helpful:

http://www.candletech.com/recipes/scents/

You can also get to it by clicking the 3rd button on your left (general information) and then selecting "scent mixing ideas". The one you have in mind (blueberry + vanilla) is listed there under blueberry cobbler.