New tester molds

gloworm

Hey, someone has probably already tried this but it worked so good for me I had to post. I cut the bottoms off of the Wally World brand of Crystal Light containers, taped the lids on securely, sprayed with Pam and poured my test batches of CP yesterday. Worked great. Slipped right out with a gentle prod this morning. Nice little tube of test soap. Will make nice little slices. I used one pringles can too and it didn't work nearly as good even though I lined it.

Oh the money I've spent on molds when trash would have worked!! LOL.

Glo

Oh BTW just set these in a cardboard box & insulated overnight-easy peasy.

Texas,

I was shocked at how slick these worked. Figure I would have a bunch of stuck soap this morning. Here is a pic of some finished rounds and a little round log. I used 1/2 lb in each mold and got 5 nice little soaps from it. They were not full with the 1/2 pound they would hold more.

post-97-139458421886_thumb.jpg

They're not as big around as the pringles cans, but I've used them for M&P, and I like them because they are plastic, making them reuseable.

I kind of like them being a bit smaller actually, made the nicest little rounds. I'm just so pleased with how they unmolded. Didn't even have to toss them in the freezer. I actually think I forgot to spray one with Pam and it unmolded fine too so I'm thinking you may be able to skip the spray. Next time I'll do one on purpose to make sure. I'm all for no spray, no liner, and quick easy clean up of plastic and reusable is a bonus. I made a master batch of oils and then measured out just 8-16 oz for testing of new FO's and these were just perfect. Then if one is a flop I don't have loads of icky soap.

Glo

• 2 weeks later...

Used these again and you do not have to spray with PAM. The soap pretty much just slides out with a little push. I'm telling you, whatever plastic this is they should make all molds out of it. Just remember to tape your bottom on!!!:o:o

Glo

Used these again and you do not have to spray with PAM. The soap pretty much just slides out with a little push. I'm telling you, whatever plastic this is they should make all molds out of it. Just remember to tape your bottom on!!!:o:o

Glo

Too funny! That's a great idea- thanks for sharing.