Woo hoo! My first HP batch!!

Angel91805

So I gave up on salt bars for a few day................

:bliss::bliss:

So, I unearthed the extra crockpot and gave HP a go. I'll admit...I'm the Nervous Nelly type...had a bar stool pulled right up to the counter and perched my happy ass on it. And it really sucks when the glass lid frogs up and you can't SEE. You might know....I had to go to the bathroom and almost missed the applesauce stage. LOL. Damned bladder. So, I got it to a vaseline-y type stage, stirredd in my FO (Peak's Green Clover & Aloe)...pulled some out and colored it...blopped it back in, folded twice and plopped it in the mold. You know, a credit card (or in this case, hubby's debit card) is a perfect size for the Mr. DoRight Molds.

SO....now I have questions.....of course (did you really expect anything else?)

I have to wait 24 hrs to unmold, right??

Why did my FO smoke like mad?? It has a >200 flashpoint.

It doesn't smell like much at the moment....will the scent come back?

Woo hoo! Soap tomorrow!

TIA! Hugs,

Donna

Congrats on the hp. If your fo was cooler it may have created steam not really smoke. I have had it steam before. It may take a day or so for the fo to come back. How much did you use pp? You can unmold as so as it is cool enough and set up. Some I can do in 12 hours some 2 days. It depends on the recipe and how hard it gets.

You know...I'm liking the faster gratification of HP! LOL...

Let's see....I used 40 oz of oils and 1 1/2 oz of FO.

It was more steamy than smoky now that I think about it.

Wooooo....I'm gonna go wash the crock pot and maybe have another go at this! :D

Hugs,

Donna

I usually put mine in the refridgerator so I can unmold it a bit faster. I usually lave it in there overnight and cut in the morning. Or if it is wintertime or coolin the house, I will just let it sit. I don't think I have ever waited 24hrs to cut my hp. (And i have been doing about 3 years now). If you cut it too soon though, it will get mis-shapen from being to soft to cut. And if you wait to long, particularly with my recipe, they get to hard to cut. I don't know why your fo smoked I never saw that before. I usually use EO in most of my HP. I have never done CP, I don't think I would have the patience to wait for it to cure. Welcome to the HP world. It is super-addicting.

Congratulations on your first batch of HP!! Sounds like you did great. The steam might have been from the cool FO going into the hot soap. I usually take a little of the hot soap and put it in a bowl and stir for a few minutes to cool it down and then add the FO to that and then add that back to the hot soap. It doesn't steam that way and maybe some of the FO doesn't "burn" off. Welcome to the addiction of hot process......instant gratification!

Dorothy