My Favorite 7 oil CP Soap Recipe

Carriegsxr6

Alright everyone, after tweaking and tweaking my recipes over time, I have finally chosen this one to be my recent favorite. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.

Each one of these oils, I have chosen for a reason and they really do contribute a lot to this recipe. So try and stay with these exact oils if you can.

;)

Canola Oil 16.67% (can sub with Sunflower)

Castor Oil 5.55% (do not sub)

Coconut Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Olive Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Palm Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Palm Kernel Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Shea Butter 11.10% (can sub with Mango)

(I usually make 36 oz oil batches, so thats why the percentages look a little funny.) :D

edit: thought I would add the properties from SoapCalc as well

Hardness 42

Cleansing 22

Condition 54

Bubbly lath. 26

Creamy lath. 25

Iodine 57

INS 143

Question on the castor oil. I haven't been able to find any locally and I know it helps with lather(which I've been just adding 1 tbsp. pp sugar) and I'm having great, bubbly lather results with it. What other benefits does the castor oil have?

Question on the castor oil. I haven't been able to find any locally and I know it helps with lather(which I've been just adding 1 tbsp. pp sugar) and I'm having great, bubbly lather results with it. What other benefits does the castor oil have?

Castor has high conditioning numbers as well and gives an extra bit of silkiness. Castor helps with lather more than sugar does.

Go to a drug store and I guarantee they have it. I am not sure if there are Walgreens or RiteAids in your area, but just ask the pharmacist and they will be able to tell you where it is. (usually where the laxatives are) lol

• 1 month later...

I am very surprised that you cannot get castor oil in Little Rock! I can get it at WalMart here (small town). Are you asking for castor oil to make soap with? Perhaps that is your problem....they probably aren't sure what you are talking about but regular castor oil is used as a laxative so just look in that area.....Nothing special about it....just regular castor oil.

BTW - nice recipe Carrie.....

Thanks Carrie so far I've had no luck. Every place I've checked they don't have any. I bought some on the classies and I'll check out some other places.

I found castor oil very hard to find, except CVS had tiny little bottles for a crazy amount of money. BUT Whole Foods has a big bottle for a much more reasonable cost - it's label recommends it as a massage oil and laxative, and it's in the healthcare area.

I am very surprised that you cannot get castor oil in Little Rock! I can get it at WalMart here (small town). Are you asking for castor oil to make soap with? Perhaps that is your problem....they probably aren't sure what you are talking about but regular castor oil is used as a laxative so just look in that area.....Nothing special about it....just regular castor oil.

BTW - nice recipe Carrie.....

Thank you!

Here is another slight variation to the first one, just in case someone would like a bar that is a little higher on the conditioning side. caluated for a 36 oz oil batch

Canola 15.67%

Castor 8.34%

Coconut 19.44%

Olive 22.22%

Palm 11.11%

PKO 11.11%

Shea Butter 11.11%

Hardness 38

Cleansing 20

Conditioning 57

Bubbly Lather 27

Creamy lather 26

Iodine 60

INS 141

• 3 months later...
So try and stay with these exact oils if you can.

;)

Canola Oil 16.67% (can sub with Sunflower)

Castor Oil 5.55% (do not sub)

Coconut Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Olive Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Palm Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Palm Kernel Oil 16.67% (do not sub)

Shea Butter 11.10% (can sub with Mango)

Well, I'm not so good at following the rules, but I did the best I could and just unmolded this recipe yesterday.

Subbed 5% of the canola for sunflower (because I like sunflower bubbles) and used shealoe instead of straight shea, because that's all I had. But otherwise, it's Carrie's recipe to a T.

My PKO is unrefined, so it smells a little... "raw" but I can't wait to see how it cures up. Thanks for the recipe Carrie. I'll report back in 6-8 weeks when it's set up!

sounds interesting. How much did you superfat? I'm a bit concerned about the shealoe tho because it's only 50% butter (most shealoe is 50% shea butter and 50% aloe juice, not butter - so correct me if I'm wrong) which means you may have shorted the oils by 6.05% - make sure your soap is not lye heavy.

I bumped up the superfat to 7% and there's no zap. I did blend 3 FOs for scenting and I've never seen soap move so darn fast! Not sure which oil was responsible but I had to hit it with my SB to stop the ricing and it turned to thick pudding pretty much instantly.

However, the resulting soap seems mild enough, now I just need to wait out the cure...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll chime in here, since I have a lovely bar of this......it's a mixture of equal parts Peak's Stargazer Lily and Strawberry.

Surpisingly, they go together really well....though it seems the concensus from the gals in that swap was you either love it or hate it. *I* happened to love it.