Lost my sense of smell?? Candles and Supplies...

Jane42

We just received a shipment from Candles and Supplies....a place that carries the Hot Apple Pie that I LOVE.

Three of the fragrances not only smell entirely different, but the color is different also!! The Apple Pie (which, when you order it is "Apple Pie" but, in the past, when we have received the bottles, they say "Hot Apple Pie".) New bottle only says "Apple Pie." This has been a best seller for us...and my personal favorite! It is completely different.

Cinnamon - Old bottles state "Cinnamon" - new bottles say "Cinnamon Blend" - they do not smell the same to me. The website says "Cinnamon".

Buttercream Frosting - never liked this myself, and even tho the "new" bottle smells strongly of rum, and I LIKE it, it is not the same scent or color.

I am totally bummed...I see retesting in my future. These were three of our scents that we had tested and retested and sold and that, from the small following we have, have been reordered...

I will certainly email them in the morning - kind of hard to call from the office phone - but I wondered if anyone else has run into this with Candles and Supplies.

I have to do a Just Scents order tomorrow...any comments on their Hot Apple Pie scent? We also order from Peaks and Bittercreek, so if you like theirs, let me know!!

I know, I know...before I post I should contact the supplier....but it is late, they are not open, and I am just panicking a little.....:undecided

Oh, you poor thing! And you are about to get so many replies to this post about all of the horrible experiences people on this board have had! I started out using C&S oils and switched to suppliers like Peak, Snowtop, KY, JS, Cajun and have never looked back. I would bet if you ask the good people of this board they can help you find replacements for all of the C&S oils that your customers like.

Jenn

Oh, you poor thing! And you are about to get so many replies to this post about all of the horrible experiences people on this board have had! I started out using C&S oils and switched to suppliers like Peak, Snowtop, KY, JS, Cajun and have never looked back. I would bet if you ask the good people of this board they can help you find replacements for all of the C&S oils that your customers like.

Jenn

Thanks so much for the empathy!

We started with this company, then after I found this board we started testing Peaks and loved them, then Just Scents, Cajun, etc. But there were a few scents we went back to Candles and Supplies for because they were some of our favorites! Up until now, we have had no problems....:undecided

Umm I am not sure what the difference is in Hot Apple Pie and Baked Apple Pie but the Baked Apple Pie I get from Candlesource is so good. And the prices are reasonable. Worth getting a few samples to see if you like anything they have.

HTH

Chauna

I have liked some of their fo's but with all of the negative posts on this board and recent scent orders not being strong enough, I am switching to CandleScience for my basic scents. Try some of their samples while they are .99 cents!

Umm I am not sure what the difference is in Hot Apple Pie and Baked Apple Pie but the Baked Apple Pie I get from Candlesource is so good. And the prices are reasonable. Worth getting a few samples to see if you like anything they have.

HTH

Chauna

I agree, The Candle Source(www.thecandlesource.com) is SO worth trying out samples of! This company was my pleasant surprise to find this past year. I also love Indiana Candle (www.candlesupplys.us)

I'm not surprised about C&S ... imo, I think any fo from C&S would be easy to replace ... here's some suggestions:

Buttercream - Daystar (TX)

Apple Cobbler - Fragrance Oil Heaven (NY)

Cinnamon Sticks - Candle Science (NC) or Tennesee

Sorry this happened to you.

I'm one of the disaster stories from C&S unfortunately. I like Peaks Warm Apple Pie, I don't know if it is similar to C&S--I'd love to find a stronger one, but Peaks is pretty good (I loved Home Interiors scent).

I'm sorry you have to go through this though.

I'm sorry too. That's unfortunate. IMO, FOH's Apple Cobbler is the bomb!

You won't have a problem finding replacements. Definitely get in on the sampler sales. I just ordered a bunch from Just by Nature and wow! Another great lot of oils I'm gonna be testing! There are too many good suppliers with great oils!

Thanks, all...I really appreciate your help in trying find replacements for these - and also for your support.

I have emailed the company and will definitely let you know how it is handled.

This company is close to us, so shipping was reasonable for our wax. I am truly hoping it can be resolved.

I have had problems with talking to them via email. You may want to call Lena during your lunch break. If you have a problem, she will be the ONLY one who can help you. Their email response in the past has been pretty slow. Do you have the 1-800 number? I can pm you with it if you want.

-Kristi

I have had problems with talking to them via email. You may want to call Lena during your lunch break. If you have a problem, she will be the ONLY one who can help you. Their email response in the past has been pretty slow. Do you have the 1-800 number? I can pm you with it if you want.

-Kristi

Kristi...yes, if you could PM me the 1-800 number, I will give them a call at lunchtime. Thanks!

Jane

Lena is a true asset to that company, and I find her more helpful than the owner. Good luck! I used them also because they were an hour away, but have since found Farm House which is in NJ for my wax. And have switched to other suppliers for wicks and glass. Good luck! It's a shame I had such a problem and resolved never to do business with them, because the convenience was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know how this situation turned out.

I contacted C&S and they responded that I had apparently ordered from the "New Scents" listing. Actually, I had gone to the "Specials" area. Now, two of the three scents that I ordered had the exact same name as their "regular" line...and the pictures that went with the description were exactly the same BUT the SKU numbers were different by ONE LETTER. So, this was my error.

They told me to send the FO's back and they would not charge me a "re-stocking" fee (I had completely forgotten about that!) and that I should reorder the scents from the "regular" listing. I responded that due to the minimum $10 shipping fee, I would wait until I needed to order wax before I reordered the three bottles of FO's.

So, it turned out ok. I mentioned to them that they may want to rename the "special" scents to differentiate between their regular line and their "special" line. I thought that the Apple Pie was on "special", meaning "sale" - they meant "special" being different from their regular line. LOL

I just wanted to let everyone know that it was not ENTIRELY their fault (lol, I still think they could have done a better job listing them), and that I feel they did the best they could to rectify it.

Thanks, all, for being so supportive. I realize that I may get some people saying "see, you should always contact the supplier BEFORE you get on here and complain", and I would deserve it - but I also wanted everyone to know the outcome. I know there are still people that use this company, and I didn't want them to be taking the blame for something that was also my fault.

Thanks again!

Jane

But when you told them that due to the shipping costs, you'd wait till you have a bigger order............they should've offered to cover the shipping expenses for just the 3 bottles of FO for you.

It certainly went through my mind...but since, technically, I made the mistake, I didn't want to push it.