Any other cross stitchers???

Angel91805

I have always admired the finished pieces of the counted cross stitch. I just never have gotten into doing it. I never realized how expensive those pieces are. I do know that they can be around for a long time. Yes, I did take a look at your mermaid ... I thought it was beautiful. ;)

Curious...anyone here stitched the dragon/castle series that was out about 10 years ago? I've got all the patterns but never had the guts to attempt one. All this talking about it I may just pull out something and stitch a little. Like I have time for that...I've got 8 dz. votives downstairs that need to be cleaned up and wicked and about 50 bars of soap that need to be cleaned and boxed up....not to mention the kitchen dishes and the floors!!!!!!

Well, I do have the "castle" by theresa wentzler started....almost finished....started it almost 15 years ago:laugh2: but between moves, lost my pattern. I now have a replacement pattern, but have started other ones, so it is now a UFO until I get the itching to do it. this is the one I am doing right now: http://www.stabandstash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=193 but I dont get alot of stitching time lately with to many kids and work!

OMG....that is gorgeous......140 thread colors and 40ct. I would need to have a magnifying glass the size of the entire piece to be able to do that. All this talking and DH is out of the house tonite...I just might get the itch and pull out one. I have one I pull out on vacations. It's a silhouette of the Logo from Jazz Fest and since it's all in black I can do it in the car and not have to worry about checking on the pattern. Talk about hard to do the outline. Didn't know if I screwed up till it got close to connecting the two lines and the piece is a good 3' wide.

When I was stitching all the time DH got me the best christmas gift one year. It's an end table with a top that slides over to the sides where it could be like a table while you're sitting on the sofa...but the best part was the deep drawer. He cut wood slats and made these great compartments to hold all my thread. I keep them in those little small ziploc bags and he made the compartments the exact size so all the bags would fit in. One of the most thoughtful things he's ever done for me.