Revisit Glossy Labels Yellowing

bugtussle

I know a similar thread was recently posted on yellowing inkjet/laser glossy labels, but I am determined to get to the bottom of it. Does anyone use glossy labels that don't turn yellow? I have had this problem since I began business & there has to be an answer. We even store our candles upside down to slow the yellowing, but they still yellow a little around the edges. I am trying the double label method/ plain white printed label with clear label on top. This may work, but that's double applying labels & will be more expensive. PLEASE, any suggestions?? Carole

I use these labels also and I have had the same problem so I tried a little experiment I sprayed half a sheet with Crystal Clear Enamel left the other half just like it is and laid in on my desk under direct light from my florescent light. Well it has been over a week and the half that was sprayed is still bright white the other half is yellowed.

Carol

I use white glossy labels I buy from planet label. They have never yellowed on me. Maybe its because I buy the white photo glossy kind. I wanted labels I could use on my inkjet that would work with my photos.

I have been using them for over a year now. No yellowing. HTH

Carole, are these Avery labels by any chance? I went around and around with them about their labels turning yellow. They didn't turn when I first started using them about 6 years ago, and I had proof of labels from when I started that hadn't turned, even after being placed in the same room next to the ones that were turning on me. But that was about 4 years ago.

I don't use Avery after all that, they never could give me an answer as to why they changed their labels.

I used the spray for several years, and in time they will turn yellow too, but it takes a long time. If you keep your stock fresh you won't have that problem. Light seems to be the culprit to the yellowing of labels.

Actually, the labels came from everywhere. OnLine Labels, Planet Labels, Desktop Labels and to a lesser degree AMS Printing. Some are not as bad, but I've had some turn yellow in 4-5 days. I think it's just their nature. We store all candles upside-down on paper towels or cardboard & that does help. I really like the crystal-clear over the plain white inkjet/laser paper, but that is putting on 2 labels. Testing this combo now to see if it yellows. You would think they could make a glossy label that does not turn yellow. I will check out the photo glossy from Planet, maybe they have something new. Thks to all, Carole Edited to say, Vicki, let us know how the spray holds up.