I'm so confused with pillar moulds :(

I'm looking to buy a pillar mould. I've seen some on ebay, but wonder if there are uk sites doing them cheaper. I've got so many sites bookmarked now, I'm going dizzy.

I need to find a regular online supplier for various items (esp wax).

The ones I've spotted (pillar moulds) some have lids with 1-3holes in, some are just tubes, some say poke a hole in for the wick afterwards.

I'm currently using a kids tumbler, and wick tied around a chopstick, but its not centering properly.

I'll check back later for any advise, I'm kid free tonight and hubby insisting I turn off pc ;):D

Grab it while you can thats what i say *LOL* go girl :grin2:

I haven't found any uk sites selling ali moulds cheaper than I got them from the states, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. And I know what you mean about bookmarking suppliers, my head spins when i browse through them. I have decided to try some wax from Kevin at Candlelights, when I finally get round to placing my order DOHH, and will go from there. I think its a case of trial and error until you settle on your favourite.

Good luck with your search.

Anjie,x.

I always pre - wick my pillar moulds - i just find it so much easier than adding the wick later.

You should really poke relief holes in all candles around the wick as sometimes large air pockets get trapped in the candle which makes the candle a bit dodgy to burn.

Aluminium moulds aren't that cheap in the UK, but ebay is a good place to look, you can be lucky with the bidding sometimes. Also importing moulds from the US can actually work out cheaper.

I can't help with aluminium moulds, but they ARE the best. To save money, it's cheaper to buy them yourself from the USA, rather than paying the prices on ebay to people who bought them in from the USA themselves. If you want the name of a few places in the USA where you can get them, just let me know.

What sort of wax are you using - soy or paraffin? PM me with the price you currently pay for it - because I buy both soy and paraffin by the ton, I get it cheaper so may be able to offer it to you at a cheaper price than you can find elsewhere.

One place i recommended you DON'T shop is Full Moons Cauldron - their prices are astronomical compared to the other suppliers in the UK - not that there ARE many suppliers in the UK!

Nat

thanks for your replies folks :)

I don't have a debit or credit card, so have probs buying from US. THeres a couple I've seen on ebay UK at the moment, that are only at £2-3. If I sent dollars cash to US that would cost more to exchange than to get them here probably.

Nattycat, I've pm'd you, thanks :)

I'm going to try and orange juice carton for a square pillar and seen an octagon and round pillar on ebay.

If you're lucky with the bidding, you can get a few bargains on ebay. but you do have to keep an eye out. I didn't use to have a credit card and i used a bankers money draft to send the money to the US. It's like a cheque, only drawn on a US bank so it can be cashed in the US. It cost me about £8 to get and took a week or so to come, and then i had to forward it onto the supplier, but i got a lot of stuff at once and still saved myself a lot when compared to me buying from the UK. (this was with candlewic).

Now i've gotten a credit card so it's much easier to pay for things, and there's always paypal but they do have a rather steep conversion rate)

As for fullmoons - some of their stuff is ok priced and they do have a good range, but i don't get a lot from them (their micro hard is the cheapest i've found and i use that all the time for chunks)

I don't have a debit or credit card, so have probs buying from US. THeres a couple I've seen on ebay UK at the moment, that are only at £2-3. If I sent dollars cash to US that would cost more to exchange than to get them here probably.

Wick'n'Wax, if you win something on ebay from the states and its only a few £'s then I would be willing to pay for it on my credit card if you sent me a postal order.

Anjie,x.

Wick'n'Wax, if you win something on ebay from the states and its only a few £'s then I would be willing to pay for it on my credit card if you sent me a postal order.

Anjie,x.

Anjie, what a lovely thought, thank you xx It never ceases to amaze me sometimes, how people on the internet, really go out of their way to help others.

I'm looking into whether you can open a paypal account without a credit or debit card. I thought I read somewhere on ebay community boards about funding paypal via your bank account.

Hmmm, my recent adventures on paypal have left me thinking that prob not worth all the effort!!!!! They've become too much of a monoploy and milk it for all they can.

Anyway not sure on the reasons you've not got a credit card, but I only recently got one (and i'm a v v poor ex-student with a nice large student loan). But I've found it such a useful item. The cost of converting currencies on my card is much lower than paypal and i don't have to pay it off straight away!!! LOL!!!!!