Glow in the dark gel candles

linda43204

I've not tried making glow in the dark gel candles, mean to though, but i've bought some glo powder and used it as an overdip in paraffin candles and to make embeds glow in the dark. It work really well and the glo powder works for ages.

I got my from ebay seller in canada - they ship worldwide though and have a web page - tho can't remember that now. The sellers ebay shop is

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/READY-SET-GLO

It's the UK store, but i'm sure they have one in the US too.

Hope that helps

I can not remember where to get it now but if you want to use it is gel you do not use it in the whole candle just in a layer at the bottom the stuff will clog a wick up pretty quickly. I made some a few years ago it was okay but I never really like using it.

This is what I did I would make up a small batch of gel and slowly stir the power in be careful here it will try to clump up. Then pour a thin layer in to the bottom of the container let it set up then make the rest of the candle like you normally would.

i made some of those before i think it was a dragon and i put some glow powder just on the bottom also. Problem i had is that its kind of grainy and didnt mix well with the gel. I think there is a guy on ebay who sells it in liquid form i think u just put that on your rocks. Make sure you mix it real well cause it sticks to the bottom of the pot. You hold it in the light or under a heat lamp and it you see it light up. kind of cool just to much hassel for me.

I purchased lots of this years ago. I have red, blue, green, the original yellowish/green, orange, purple, and I think one other color which escapes me right now. I have covered containers of mixed gel in each color in the shop at all times. Funny, you go out there at night, and before you turn the light on, you see all the different, bright colors in the dark! I, too, use it on the bottom of the candle, mostly as an outside circle with the same colored sand in the middle. I also do cutouts(like gel hearts) that I stick on the side of the glass, designed for a meltpool that will not melt them during the burn, and when the candle isn't being burned or blow out, the cutouts glow. Customers love them.

I got some from that ebay seller, too. I tried it several times, but I could never get it right. I guess it's in one of "those" boxes now that I keep saying I'll get back to one day.

i made some of those before i think it was a dragon and i put some glow powder just on the bottom also. Problem i had is that its kind of grainy and didnt mix well with the gel. I think there is a guy on ebay who sells it in liquid form i think u just put that on your rocks. Make sure you mix it real well cause it sticks to the bottom of the pot. You hold it in the light or under a heat lamp and it you see it light up. kind of cool just to much hassel for me.

Thanks Much to everyone! This all makes alot of sence. Guess I'll have to give it a try.Can anyone tell me who the ebay seller is that sells it? I would like to get some. Thanks!