Candles and Supplies FO's in Enchanted Lites Soy

I posted this in the Fragrance section, but perhaps I will get a better response in this section.

I have to do a large order from Candles and Supplies and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a few good FO's that work well with Enchanted Lites Soy - either container or votive wax.

We tested Nature's Garden Bubble Gum, and even though it worked beautifully with our paraffin, we could not smell it in the soy. We have several other Peaks and Cajun FO's to test in it, but if I could pick up a few from Candles and Supplies, that would be great!

Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

It's been a long time since I've ordered from C&S ... so I don't remember which ones I tested. The reason I stopped ordering from them is because I could not get their fo's to throw in my wax. I've tried it in 100% soy, KY125 and 50/50 parasoy blend. I finally gave up trying.

Also, a while back they changed their shipping policy ... shipping charges start at $10. An lastly, their customer service was very disappointing.

Peaks & Cajun are both awesome suppliers.

It's been a long time since I've ordered from C&S ... so I don't remember which ones I tested. The reason I stopped ordering from them is because I could not get their fo's to throw in my wax. I've tried it in 100% soy, KY125 and 50/50 parasoy blend. I finally gave up trying.

Also, a while back they changed their shipping policy ... shipping charges start at $10. An lastly, their customer service was very disappointing.

Peaks & Cajun are both awesome suppliers.

Thanks for the input!

We started using Candles and Supplies when we began our candlemaking adventures....we are in NY and they are in PA, so the shipping was reasonable. Although we do order from Peaks, Just Scents and Cajun, there are a few of their FO's that I love....Apple Pie and Peach, just to name a couple. We only do large orders - usually wax and aroma beads - so that the shipping is always above $10. Actually, the price of the wax is a few dollars more than the other places we order from, but the shipping is lower due to them being closer to us, so it all evens out.

Thanks again for your response.

But, since you had no luck with them in your 100%, maybe they just don't do well in soy at all?!?

Anyone else tested C&S in soy??

Thanks.

Jane

I tested a few of their FOs in my soy and most of them were useless. I did get a nice throw from 2 of their Christmas fo's-- Christmas Splendor and Bayberry Apple Spice. Sorry but I only tried some for my xmas candles.

I think their Amish Harvest may work but haven't tried it. Apparently its a big seller and they were out so I never got to try them.

I tested a few of their FOs in my soy and most of them were useless. I did get a nice throw from 2 of their Christmas fo's-- Christmas Splendor and Bayberry Apple Spice. Sorry but I only tried some for my xmas candles.

I think their Amish Harvest may work but haven't tried it. Apparently its a big seller and they were out so I never got to try them.

Thanks for the reply! We will try one or two more, but then I think we should just go with another company for the soy FO's.

It helps alot to know that they just don't do well in soy...saves alot of testing!

Thanks again.

Jane

I had the same results as others here, no or low throw when I test the FO's in EL wax. Had the same problem with Nature's Garden FO's. It has been several years since I used soy but EL was one I really liked. I did find that my FO's needed to cure a bit longer in the wax for a really good throw. I find that to be true with just about all soy brands that I have tried. Not such an issue with paraffin.

I had the same results as others here, no or low throw when I test the FO's in EL wax. Had the same problem with Nature's Garden FO's. It has been several years since I used soy but EL was one I really liked. I did find that my FO's needed to cure a bit longer in the wax for a really good throw. I find that to be true with just about all soy brands that I have tried. Not such an issue with paraffin.

PurpleHippie...are you saying that you found that alot of FO's, not just Candles and Supplies, didn't throw well in EL soy, or mostly C & S and Nature's Garden didn't throw well in this wax? Since we are just starting with soy, I would be very interested in your experience with it.

Thanks so much!

Jane

It was mainly those two that I wasn't pleased with. However, that may have just been the specific FO's I used. I always give out some testers to others just to make sure it isn't my nose only that had the problem with the candle. Everyone reported the same results. This was with testing the FO's at various percentages and different wicks. However, your testing may prove differently. What one person doesn't consider a strong scent throw might be perfectly fine with another person. I think most people will agree that soy in general is picky about FO's and it needs longer cure time than paraffin. It just takes time and being willing to test. Different brands of soy can produce different results. One FO that worked great in one brand of soy may only be so-so in another. That is one of the reasons after testing that I always stuck with one brand and the same supplier. I really liked the EL wax and in my testing it proved to be the most consistent wax from batch to batch. When I used another brand of soy I can't tell you how many times I would get all of my testing completed with each FO in every container that I sell with just the right wick, order more wax and do a couple of test only to find out that something was different with the currant batch of wax that caused me to have to change wick sizes and start testing all over again. That just proved to be too time consuming for me. If I only sold a few scents it might not be a big issue but I was spending too much time and money constantly testing the same wax. When I switched to EL I did find the batches to be constant and I didn't have to constantly make changes. Especially once the millennium formula was introduced which doesn't require additives. I do feel that I achieved the best scent throw with longer curing time. I would suggest purchasing sample sizes of FO's to test first. They have great customer service at Enchanted Lites so feel free to email them if you need help. Good luck!

I use 100% soy and two great oils from Candles and Supplies are Strawberries & Cream and Mango & Papaya. They both throw great and are two of my best sellers. I have been using these for about 3 years.

Marty

Hi Jane -

I am testing Black Cherry from Candles & Supplies right now & having hardly any scent throw. The last scent that I have tested was the Clean Cotton- Yankee type, which did have a wonderful scent throw, but frosted like crazy after burning. The wax I am using is GW444 & C-3.

This morning I placed an order for Royal Aromatics in NJ. They say that they formulate all their fragrances for the use. So I will be testing like crazy in a couple of weeks.

Good Luck!:)

Candice