Home Interiors going soy!

I do not know much about this company but am having a candle party this week and all these ladies buy Home Interiors candles. I was talking to my friend today and she said that Home Interiors is moving into the soy world!

They do have a few listed on their site under the Better Homes & Garden Collection. $15.00 for an 8 oz status jar!

Does anyone have any info on this and what is your opinion on their candles?

I hope to get these ladies hooked on my candles but want to know a little more about my competition.

My friend is actually going to her first Home Interiors Party next week since they started with Soy. I am going to have her pick one up for me and do my own review.

I can't imagine that their candles could be anywhere near as great as mine! :laugh2:

I do not know much about this company but am having a candle party this week and all these ladies buy Home Interiors candles. I was talking to my friend today and she said that Home Interiors is moving into the soy world!

They do have a few listed on their site under the Better Homes & Garden Collection. $15.00 for an 8 oz status jar!

Does anyone have any info on this and what is your opinion on their candles?

I hope to get these ladies hooked on my candles but want to know a little more about my competition.

My friend is actually going to her first Home Interiors Party next week since they started with Soy. I am going to have her pick one up for me and do my own review.

I can't imagine that their candles could be anywhere near as great as mine! :laugh2:

I used to buy candles from them a lot of years ago, before I found other companies and then homemade because a friend of mine sold HI and she always gave me the discounted price. I havent burned one of theirs in years though, but I'm not surprised by the news much. Back when I did buy/burn them however, they weren't the strongest candles but they were nice enough.

Have faith in your candles, I've had people who were hardcord Yan*** candle fans who now buy mine because I can get the similar scents and cheaper to them. Good luck with your party, I bet you win them over :cheesy2:

I used to sell HI and did only because I could get candle cheaper!! LOL

I loved their candles when I first started with the company...and then over a few years of selling them it seemed they raised prices and lowered quality. The candles didn't smell as strong as they once had. My fav was baked apple and lemon chiffon,..but even those don't smell very strong anymore. And..the soot was always bad!!

Well I started making my own...soy and will never burn a HI one again!! Not even a soy one.. and especially at that price for an 8 oz candle! Insane!! But people will buy them because they are HI??

Push your candles....bet they are way better!! LOL

I quit selling HI about a year and a half ago when I wanted to put more time into my own candles. They do have a soy candle, but they market it under the Better Homes & Gardens line, and they do not have good hot throw at all from what I can remember. I bought and tried 4 different scents and they were all the same. They have recenlty went through and revamped their look, new jars, but with that they have also upped their prices. Like others have said, they have always had bad sooting. Before I started playing with my own candles, I used to burn HI candles all over my house. Had to go through and scrub the ceilings and baseboards to get the soot off before we could repaint!

Have faith in your product. Once you get yours into the hands of the die hard HI, or any other major manufacturer for that matter, they'll quickly see the difference.

Thanks for all the opinions!

I am very confident in my product. This is my first party and it does make me a little nervous that they all by Home Interiors Candles:confused: ...even though I know the big companies do not hold a candle to us little guys!

I never knew how a candle was supposed to burn until I started buying soy candles online and then doing research on making my own.

I will update on how the party goes!

Well like the others on this thread have already said, the candles do smoke. I also did the HI party thing a few years back. When I first purchased their candles they burned really good and clean. I didn't party for a couple of years then the next time I went the candles that I bought were junk. Black soot and lots of hang up. That was enough for me. All these girls were raving over them and I just didn't "get it". Could they not see the soot? I had to wipe them down everytime I wanted to burn them. My daughter did showed me some that she had purchased just last year and I see that they haven't changed. I did buy the soy candles to see how well they burn just for fun.

I used to sell HI too! I loved their candles back then, and they did have a great scent throw, I could burn one vanilla candle and smell it through my whole house. I noticed the scent throw was not as strong with the last ones I burned, but that was after I started making them. I think they are OK, but our home made candles are much better ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome! Look forward to hearing your reviews!:cool2:

Well here is the update for the test burn and I hope these pics turn out!

8oz jj on the left so you could see the diff. These are after burnin 12 hours. The fo is Orange Blossom. Cold throw is faint and the hot throw is almost not there. You can smell something faintly sweet but can't tell the scent at all and this is testing in a very, very small room. The containers are very cute and look pretty good. The wax looks like it might be mixed with some other wax to me. They don't have alot of hang up as you can see but do have a small wet spot. They do "dimple" up after cooled which looks pretty nice. The wicks tend to get rather long and appear to be zinc. I thought the color was nice. Another thing that I did notice is that they have no warning labels on them anywhere....I thought they were kinda pricey 3 candles for 16.00. It looks like the containers might hold 3oz of wax. I was also told that the next ones would have shipping added..

post-2288-13945842184_thumb.jpg

post-2288-139458421843_thumb.jpg

post-2288-139458421845_thumb.jpg

Well here is the update for the test burn and I hope these pics turn out!

8oz jj on the left so you could see the diff. These are after burnin 12 hours. The fo is Orange Blossom. Cold throw is faint and the hot throw is almost not there. You can smell something faintly sweet but can't tell the scent at all and this is testing in a very, very small room. The containers are very cute and look pretty good. The wax looks like it might be mixed with some other wax to me. They don't have alot of hang up as you can see but do have a small wet spot. They do "dimple" up after cooled which looks pretty nice. The wicks tend to get rather long and appear to be zinc. I thought the color was nice. Another thing that I did notice is that they have no warning labels on them anywhere....I thought they were kinda pricey 3 candles for 16.00. It looks like the containers might hold 3oz of wax. I was also told that the next ones would have shipping added..

Thanks for the update! Those do look like zinc wicks. They are quite pricey!

I have had alot of great response from my candle party! I do not think HI will be much competition!

Thanks for the update! Those do look like zinc wicks. They are quite pricey!

I have had alot of great response from my candle party! I do not think HI will be much competition!

All my daughters girlfriends that were buying HI candles are now buying mine. I guess that is bragging but it really did surprise me the difference between them and I haven't been making them that long. They complain about the burn and hang they get with the HI's. They haven't tried the soys yet so I waiting to see what kind of feedback they will have. So my long draw out point is, you shouldn't have any worries at all :grin2: Glad your party went well!